News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in Disney History

In 1926 Don Rickles voice of Mr. Potato Head and William in Tiki Room was born.

In 1991 newspapers reported Disney’s WestCot project would cost $3.1 billion.

In 1998 nothing important in Disney happened but I was born...

Live with Regis and Kelly tape shows to celebrate Disneyland’s 50th in 2005.

Happy birthday! Thanks for all the hard work you do keeping us updated on all things Disney!!

Today in Disney History

Happy Birthday!

Today in Disney History

Happy birthday, Ryan!

It may not be intrusive but it does take away from the theming IMO.

Really? I find these to be not a big deal at all. I think the one they added at the 7DMT is cute. They don't distract from theming anymore than the 2,000 tourists in line in front of me do.

The link suggests it's to help speed up the loading process. Every time someone hops in and has to take a few extra minutes to figure out the bar and where to store their stuff adds up over a long day. It's worth the investment in a few monitors to see if you can speed that up.

I think this is the case too. A lot of people seem really baffled by how to load into a ride vehicle.

2011 they were installed.

Was it really that long ago? Man I remember everyone being super upset about that. Funny how now some people are upset that DLR doesn't have them.

Today in Disney History

In honor of @rteetz birthday: This is great and all, but we really should move this conversation to the "Rteetz's birthday" thread.

I think this bothers me way more than it should but I guess I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it's easy to tune out and not notice.
I hope people actually pay attention to a video that is for their safety.

Why are they adding these? Is it a liability thing? Is it a CM reduction (if the video tells you then we don't have to have the CMs around to do it)? I don't know why but the 7dmt one really bothers me even though I don't really pay attention to it. I'd rather see the interactive posters that creepily list my name on something rather than having to watch a preshow video of how to use safety restraints. I feel like it ruins the theming.
If you chat with Splash Mountain CM's you hear a bunch of scary stories about guests doing dumb things on this attraction. No doubt this tries to address both liability and efficiency. Every time they need to stop the ride because a guest go out of a boat or tossed something out it reduces ride capacity.

The link suggests it's to help speed up the loading process. Every time someone hops in and has to take a few extra minutes to figure out the bar and where to store their stuff adds up over a long day. It's worth the investment in a few monitors to see if you can speed that up.
Another issue with the load area delay is that if things backup too much it affects the entire attraction as logs need to be held in certain areas (ie, not on a drop or at the bottom of a drop). I recall hearing that a log is dispatched every 9 seconds.

I know the lack of lap bar in Disneyland absolute scared the wits out of my son. See if you can guess which one he is.
https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn....=729e423b63a0eec0c071d115052836a4&oe=5B4F4D7D

Oh my Gosh! Splash at DLR doesn't have lap bars. I haven't ridden it. I have only ridden Splash at WDW, and I thank the maker every time I ride that it has lap bars. That drop is really steep. I might have to rethink riding Splash at DLR this summer:oops:

@rteetz
You are as old as the number of years I have been married. Man, that makes me feel ancient:( Happy birthday though;)

Today in Disney History

Happy Birthday!

Splash at DL still loads like the classic flume ride you see at alot of amusement parks. One behind another it does have hand holds on the inside, and your legs are on each side of the seat in front of you. I almost prefer this, but than again im 6'5 and I always have to wedge my knees inside Splash at WDW

This was a news bullet that really surprised me. The past year or so has seen alcohol marketing ramped up at WDW. With more adults only visiting than ever before, this is not unusual. However, water parks are inherently hazardous and pose their own unique dangers esp for small children. I would have thought the 2 water parks would have been exempt from the booze party push. Wonder if WDW legal knows about this promotion. Bet it doesn't & this release wasn't vetted. Booze, water, slides & tots just don't mix.

I agree. Parents leave their kids to fend for themselves and too much booze is flowing freely. Just last year Father at Disney was charged with child neglect for 'drunken tirade' and left his toddler for hours to suffer first-degree burns.
Link: http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...cle_67276484-3b23-11e7-be82-4f0e75031cec.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter