News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital? Like a CM loading the RSP onto a ticket or MB? If so, good, but why not allow for at least rest of day, or better yet, rest of trip... it takes about an hour to get through test track with group A FP and rider swap

Yeah, the reports said to would loaded on magic Bands. Not sure why only an hour - though guess the idea that it to allow for the two times through basically right after one another

Just as someone with small kids if this change does come through it would impact some of our planning

I am seeing a report of rider swap going digital as of June 19th and they will be trying to close the loophole as indicating all members of the party must be present to get the digital rider swap, the rider swap is only valid for 1 hour , and you can only have one at a time

@rteetz or anyone else see/hear anything about this?

I heard about this too and am VERY curious as to its accuracy. This would be a HUGE change and MAJOR news! It would effect our plans quite a bit because we are planning to child swap (with FPs for all riders) but use the SW pass later in the day... not within a 1-hour window. That part of the potential change is making me cringe!

Yeah, the reports said to would loaded on magic Bands. Not sure why only an hour - though guess the idea that it to allow for the two times through basically right after one another

Just as someone with small kids if this change does come through it would impact some of our planning
That’s the basic idea. It’s so they don’t get hoarded for use at the end of the day then the ride gets a crush of people. They can better control crowd flow with a time restriction. Also I’m going to guess if they go this way with rider switch they will also go this way with when a ride breaks down and they give out re admits. At Disneyland they no longer give paper ones it gets loaded on to your ticket/pass and I’m assuming the same will happen at wdw.

Rumor: So, it's looking like a possible June 21, 2019 opening of SW:GE? That's due to the Deluxe Pass never being blocked out for a full week in Disneyland during the summer to my knowledge.

Still could be earlier, but this is looking like we are starting to get a timeline.
Makes sense....

So we went to see "Solo" in a near empty theater today. (Not expecting to this movie recover at the B.O.) Enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't amazing but a solid entertaining movie.

It made me think, why are Star Wars fans turning so far against this franchise? I heard a lot of the movie was "unnecessary" but can't you say that about any movie/sequel/prequel. I remember reading the Han Solo novels and enjoying the hell out of reading about what Han Solo was up to before the original movies. This was that as well. Considering that troubled production this movie had, it actually turned out pretty well.

I saw Solo on Tuesday. My family really enjoyed it. Watched Last Jedi today since two kids had not yet seen it. I thought it was ok the first time but I stopped watching it just could not do it a second time, I just did not like it at all. Wondering if Snoke can overcome being sliced in half like Darth Maul? I really hope 9 is much better planned. I can handle disenchanted Luke but no one in the galaxy coming to Leia's call for help, no one can say people are ok with the First order and as just going to let them win. How far ahead is 9? Cause a few 10 year old slave kids is not enough.

So we went to see "Solo" in a near empty theater today. (Not expecting to this movie recover at the B.O.) Enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't amazing but a solid entertaining movie.

It made me think, why are Star Wars fans turning so far against this franchise? I heard a lot of the movie was "unnecessary" but can't you say that about any movie/sequel/prequel. I remember reading the Han Solo novels and enjoying the hell out of reading about what Han Solo was up to before the original movies. This was that as well. Considering that troubled production this movie had, it actually turned out pretty well.

I'm going tomorrow and it looks like my showing will be rather sparsely attended as well. I too read the novels and am looking forward to the movie. I almost never agree with the "critics" anyway, so I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter