News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slinky review from Big Fat Panda

https://www.facebook.com/100001429625708/posts/1825052980885672/

I have already posted a ton of photos on the Toy Story Land thread.

I will be posting videos there and here later.

Thanks Ryan! Loving all the videos and lots of good images on the DIS Twitter feed - really liking a lot of the details in the signage and in things like they made the lid from the lunch box have the indentations like the old school metal lunch boxes have ... cool stuff!

‘Disney Music” or “magic Kingdom Main Street” will get you to more of the collections. There’s a lot there! Says it was updated Tuesday.

The music is pretty cool - you go around the maps and in certain places they have little music symbols and if you click on it, it opens a play list appropriate to that area. So the one by Star Tours brings up a Star Wars music playlist, for example. If you do the one near the entrance to the park it is sort of a medley of songs for that park

The whole land??? None of the lands in DHS or the other parks are under cover

I think the big thing is the queues for the two new rides are both largely just switchbacks with little cover. Also, little to no cover for the seating area for the quick service location.

No. Just the queues for the most part. A 2 hour line in the sun in August for SDD is going to be brutal. I don't think any of the lines at DHS are out in the sun like SDD is shown to be.

The music is pretty cool - you go around the maps and in certain places they have little music symbols and if you click on it, it opens a play list appropriate to that area. So the one by Star Tours brings up a Star Wars music playlist, for example. If you do the one near the entrance to the park it is sort of a medley of songs for that park

Downloading now

I think the big thing is the queues for the two new rides are both largely just switchbacks with little cover. Also, little to no cover for the seating area for the quick service location.

No. Just the queues for the most part. A 2 hour line in the sun in August for SDD is going to be brutal. I don't think any of the lines at DHS are out in the sun like SDD is shown to be.
Actually, a good part of the queues are under cover.

Of course not the whole land -- didn't say that. Odd interpretation. Meant the entirety of the queues -- and some for the eating areas would be smart. Pretty much a no brainer in FL.

hmmm, interesting - definitely different than what I saw reported from CM previews and other early takes

Have to be on the look out to see how bad it is - we stay off site so I fully expect to not be able to get a FP for either new ride (will try and maybe get lucky, but not planning on it) so worried about 2 long lines in the sun

hmmm, interesting - definitely different than what I saw reported from CM previews and other early takes

Have to be on the look out to see how bad it is - we stay off site so I fully expect to not be able to get a FP for either new ride (will try and maybe get lucky, but not planning on it) so worried about 2 long lines in the sun

Here it looks like some is under cover and much is not. When waiting for hours, those uncovered stretches seem like they'd be horrible. I have a hard time viewing this an anything but bad queue design unless they cover more of it later.

Got the Disney Parks App this morning as well. I was able to explorer some of it, and I really like it so far! I was able to do some of the trivia. I found it funny how the "Disney's Hollywood Studios Trivia" turned into being just a Star Wars movie trivia LOL.

I can't wait to check out more of the app next week, but I'm afraid it's going to drain my phone battery more than I will like it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter