News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

While I agree they are popular they aren't a reason for the lack of tiering as they don't provide capacity.

You could add 10 of the most popular M&Gs in the world to Epcot and it wouldn't fix the tiering problem. Add 2 super high capacity popular thrill attractions and you probably could.
But only focusing on capacity misses the point here. For every attraction a person selects a FP+ for, that's one more FP+ available on a different attraction. So regardless if an attraction is high capacity, if it's something that will attract FP+ selections, it helps with the FP+ availability issue.

My autocorrect believes that when I type FP, I mean to type GO. ;-)

It is temporary and basically the same as the old one in that area.

Yea, I was thinking the one closing was bigger and the main entrance, putting it all into this temporary one. But since we rarely use them I can't tell if it matters.

What are they rehearsing for at MK? I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet.

Also, my family might be the only ones disappointed about extending MK evening hours. One of the reasons we go in late January/early February is the earlier close so we can see fireworks and still get our little kids to bed at a reasonable time. Hopefully they can leave one of the weeknights at 8pm while we're there.

What are they rehearsing for at MK? I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet.

Also, my family might be the only ones disappointed about extending MK evening hours. One of the reasons we go in late January/early February is the earlier close so we can see fireworks and still get our little kids to bed at a reasonable time. Hopefully they can leave one of the weeknights at 8pm while we're there.
Could be a rehearsal for new CMs who are part of the castle shows, move it shake it, or the parade. I can’t see it being for anything new right now.

Good point - when Ratatouille and Gaurdians arrive - Epcot will suddenly have I think 6 Tier 1s (those plus Soarin, TT, FEA + Illuminations) and what about 6 Tier 2s? (SSE, Nemo, Crush, Land, M:S & Imagination) Seems like they will have to either expand the # of Tier 1s you can pick or get rid of Tiers altogether. DHS in 2019 has the same problem. A SW:GE tier, a TSL tier and an "everything else" tier???
Yes - my point exactly! With 5 true headliner attractions at Epcot then (dismissing IllumiNations) you would think tiering could go by the wayside.

But only focusing on capacity misses the point here. For every attraction a person selects a FP+ for, that's one more FP+ available on a different attraction. So regardless if an attraction is high capacity, if it's something that will attract FP+ selections, it helps with the FP+ availability issue.

My autocorrect believes that when I type FP, I mean to type GO. ;-)
BUT Capacity is the point...Adding a ride with capacity similar to Toy Story Mania or Soarin could add between 16,000 and 18,000 fastpasses daily. That one attraction alone then causes a ripple affect freeing up that many fastpasses at other attractions...

Adding a M&G could add between 1,500 and 2,000 fastpasses. So to your statement - which one provided more help with the FP+ availability? I'm not trying to dispute that M&Gs are popular, just that their fastpass allotment means very little in the grand scheme of things.

To fix tiering you need to add multiple high capacity popular attractions that flood the system with a bunch of fastpasses. BUT they also can't be SO popular that they become a sole focus for guests (see Pandora) which actually caused tiering at a park that previous didn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter