News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180729_155240.jpg

Can see Riviera from the top steps of Canada best, the current top floors can be seen from Canada to the UK, but really not by much IMO.

This is very very exciting!!! I wonder how it will do with kids, it being live action

I’m interested in this, too. My 6-year-old has seen all the Harry Potter movies and most of the Marvel universe. So she has no issue with live action. But I tried to get her to watch Enchanted and she had zero interest. Maybe she expects her princesses to be animated?

I’m interested in this, too. My 6-year-old has seen all the Harry Potter movies and most of the Marvel universe. So she has no issue with live action. But I tried to get her to watch Enchanted and she had zero interest. Maybe she expects her princesses to be animated?
right? I just feel like so far our only originally LA princess has been Giselle, and even she starts out animated! I just would love to see great merchandise and love for another African American princess (and more for Tiana tbh)

right? I just feel like so far our only originally LA princess has been Giselle, and even she starts out animated! I just would love to see great merchandise and love for another African American princess (and more for Tiana tbh)

They really need more Tiana stuff. I get so many compliments on my Tiana Dooney Wallet and people always comment they don't see enough merchandise for her.

According to Len Testa Priceline has Disney resort deals right now with places like Port Orleans French Quarter for $100-$120 and Poly for $230.

We just stayed this week with a Priceline deal at animal kingdom lodge for 3 days at 210 a night plus a 10% coupon. Also pop century for 79 plus 10% coupon as well

Hmm. I just moved my trip up by one day on Saturday so needed to book a cheap resort for that first night on September 1st. No such deals to be found so I ended up with All Star Movies for $107. Checked Priceline, Undercover Tourist, etc. Disney's site ended up having the best deal.

The lid is actually for the cold foam drinks so that you can drink the foam and the coffee together.
I'm not certain you got the point of my post.

The new lids contain more plastic than the combination of the old lids with a straw. In the discussion I had with my friend who works at Starbucks the new lids are just made out of a plastic form that is more easily recyclable. It was the point of discussion amongst a good amount of people around her (to which her and I then discussed it) concerning the optics to some people of removing straws which were made out of plastic and adding in a lid made from more plastic than the previous lid/straw combination in conjunction with what people normally do with their cups when they are done with them (throw them away versus recycling them).

As far as cold foam drink comment: according to Starbucks the new lids will be eventually used with all iced drinks with the exception of the Frappuccino by 2020.

It's not about the foam and coffee.

Here's a picture of the new lid:
upload_2018-7-30_9-10-5.png

*Sorry in advanced for the tangent. To the poster if you'd like more discussion so we don't go crazy on this thread you're welcome to PM me :)

Hmm. I just moved my trip up by one day on Saturday so needed to book a cheap resort for that first night on September 1st. No such deals to be found so I ended up with All Star Movies for $107. Checked Priceline, Undercover Tourist, etc. Disney's site ended up having the best deal.
Could it be because that's Labor Day weekend? Is that normally included in really good deals on Priceline, UT, etc?

I'm not certain you got the point of my post.

The new lids contain more plastic than the combination of the old lids with a straw. In the discussion I had with my friend who works at Starbucks the new lids are just made out of a plastic form that is more easily recyclable. It was the point of discussion amongst a good amount of people around her (to which her and I then discussed it) concerning the optics to some people of removing straws which were made out of plastic and adding in a lid made from more plastic than the previous lid/straw combination in conjunction with what people normally do with their cups when they are done with them (throw them away versus recycling them).

As far as cold foam drink comment: according to Starbucks the new lids will be eventually used with all iced drinks with the exception of the Frappuccino by 2020.

It's not about the foam and coffee.

Here's a picture of the new lid:
View attachment 340307

*Sorry in advanced for the tangent. To the poster if you'd like more discussion so we don't go crazy on this thread you're welcome to PM me :)

The other thing with straws in particular is they can be missed by sorting machines and also cause issues in the oceans and other areas as animals can get stuck on them. Also, like you said, the lids are often made from material that is easier to recycle

So while it is more plastic it is *better* plastic and in a better shape

Ideally things continue to move forward to maybe using a plant based plastic or other material that can decompose much more easily that current/standard plastic - but this is a start

I do like these style lids - at least much more than no lid and just sipping from the edge of the cup which, for very cold drinks, can give a bit of pain to my teeth. Also for sugary drinks they (like straws) can help get the sugar past your teeth just causing less damage to your teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter