News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope these can be purchased through the app at some point (I checked and they aren’t loaded yet). My 13-year-old loves Epcot and pretty much lives in hoodies when the temp gets below 60.

Yeah those were nice and the t-shirts looked better than usual as well. I wish they'd do better for the DVC merch.

I do too. That property is too valuable for Disney to leave empty for long, and I doubt they can attract retail to a spot with an uncertain future. They are locked in. So Anaheim may win this round, getting the hotel and holding on to the subsidies. But that kind of short term win usually has long term consequences. I think Anaheim is cutting off their nose to spite their face, while I think Disney has been thumbing their nose at the city for so long that they are going to spend some time reaping what they've sown. A bad situation all around.

Rteetz, I know you've said in the past that D23 would never switch to Orlando but if things keep deteriorating with Anaheim, it could be something to hold over the city. The already stopped the runDisney events...

Rteetz, I know you've said in the past that D23 would never switch to Orlando but if things keep deteriorating with Anaheim, it could be something to hold over the city. The already stopped the runDisney events...

I don't think it's about the tax break - it's about getting all the executives, imagineers, and celebrities to show up. If you look last year they had practically the whole cast of Avengers AND the Last Jedi show up. No way that happens with an event in Orlando. The fight with Anaheim won't change that anytime soon.

I don't think it's about the tax break - it's about getting all the executives, imagineers, and celebrities to show up. If you look last year they had practically the whole cast of Avengers AND the Last Jedi show up. No way that happens with an event in Orlando. The fight with Anaheim won't change that anytime soon.

Very good point.

Yeah those were nice and the t-shirts looked better than usual as well. I wish they'd do better for the DVC merch.

My daughter’s boyfriend will be there for Food and Wine. I’m debating whether to ask him to get one for me.

Yeah like @skier_pete said I don't think D23 has any issue with the Tax breaks or relationship with Anaheim. Its all about the celebrities, special guests, and everything else. They always have a huge archives exhibit and its much easier to transport that from Burbank to Anaheim than Burbank to Orlando.

News

ESPN President Jim Pitaro says he has honed in on four goals since taking over

1. Direct to Consumer
2. Audience expansion (younger audience/social media)
3. Quality programming
4. Innovation

News

Per @lentesta on Twitter Disney is surveying these names for the Ratatouille attraction in Epcot

Dkz_pTFU4AA1pFT.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter