News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not like it’s shaped like a real heart. Not sure what the issue is. It’s a dessert...

Once you've lived thru daughters between the ages of 4-7 you'll get what their reaction is going to be. 'No honey it isn't really Snow Whites's heart. The Huntsman tricked the Evil Queen with Bambi's mom's heart.'

Plus your actual hunting puts you in a put small percentage of present day America.

I mean I guess but I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

I know you hunt. Just keep in mind something like less than 5% of present day Americans have actually killed any animal they've eaten.

I personally have way more respect for those that hunt/farm/ranch and have first hand experience that humans are apex predators than those who've only gotten meat off a styrofoam tray.

I mean I highly doubt the server is going to the table and going, “Okay kids, time to eat Snow White’s still beating heart!” I would think most kids would just think, “Ooh heart shaped candy!” or whatever. How many really little kids even know that part of the original fairy tale?

I know you hunt. Just keep in mind something like less than 5% of present day Americans have actually killed any animal they've eaten.

I personally have way more respect for those that hunt/farm/ranch and know that humans are apex predators than those who've only gotten meat off a styrofoam tray.
I am just trying to think of this in the young child perspective you mentioned. I have two younger sisters and I don't think they would have had an issue with it at that age. Every child is different though of course.

I would think that they didn’t think that deeply about it - probably just thinking of any symbols that are relevant to the story

And even if you think more deeply about it, easy to spin it positively as it was used to trick the Queen so on the “good guy/bad guy” tally it would end up being a tool for good

Storybook dining at Artist Point started today. They play a song and there are lighting effects when the characters come out. The Evil Queen is a post meal meet like the Beast at BOG.
Saw on WDWNTs Twitter (they are there) that you get a signature card (shaped like an apple) but characters will sign other things when they come around as well

Also there is an extra dessert after the regular dessert that they bring around in the huntsman chest

@WDWNT: As a second dessert course, here is Snow White’s heart, a special gift from the Huntsman to the Evil Queen https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1074434675668590592/photo/1

Just saw the DIS tweet that they are just sitting down to dinner there now

Pete just stated on twitter and Instagram that the Storybook Dining was worth every penny and that a review is coming shortly! High praise from Pete, can’t wait for full review!

I mean I highly doubt the server is going to the table and going, “Okay kids, time to eat Snow White’s still beating heart!” I would think most kids would just think, “Ooh heart shaped candy!” or whatever. How many really little kids even know that part of the original fairy tale?
Well of course the server isn't going to say that... They would say "this is a still beating pig's heart which we ripped from the loins of a pig in an effort to trick the queen", DUH... And then the kids will be perfectly fine with that because who really cares about the lives of pigs anyways, they were destined to be bacon which is amazing in and of itself. Now it all makes sense :thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter