• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also have to do with spoilers. Probably a less likely reason but here's what I'm thinking.

Disney set two different release dates. People who follow the MCU very closely know there's bound to be something huge that's going to change the MCU (which Disney has alluded to). Disney then moves the release date and speculation is because of the spoilers that could happen. This makes people even more interested because, "Well if the spoiler is big enough to warrant a move in release date then it must be something even bigger than we can imagine, I better go see it opening day".

But I'm sure it's more likely that they want one Deadpool 2 free week and to try to not compete so much with Solo.

I know some outlets report that is has to do with the international release date but I don't believe that at all. Domestic and international movie debut dates don't have to line up and typically do not. I still think that this is to give more of a buffer between Infinity War and the subsequent Solo Star Wars film.

I was wondering what the "real" going rate for those types of trips were. It's almost been 20 years (yeesh) since my first Italy trip and I gotta say, 6k+flights per person sounded crazy steep even for inflation. Glad to see Disney as usual is just the crazy outlier.

ABD is 2-3 times a "typical" tour price. (There are other high-end touring companies that come closer to Disney's pricing, but Disney is the highest I've encountered in my research.) It is also much more deluxe than a typical tour, and you definitely get some VIP experiences for your money. It's just the typical case that high end things tend to be much, much more expensive than mid-range prices. Really the Cruise line is the same - Disney cruises are near double the cost of most cruises. It's all up to the individual to decide what it's truly worth.
News

Disney has released an updated film schedule through 2023

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-release-dates/

Get ready for a lot of live action!

This is sort of hilarious towards the middle (2020) where it's just a bunch of dates with no actual titles.

I know some outlets report that is has to do with the international release date but I don't believe that at all. Domestic and international movie debut dates don't have to line up and typically do not. I still think that this is to give more of a buffer between Infinity War and the subsequent Solo Star Wars film.

Also could be multiple things - let’s move it a bit further away from Solo and Deadpool and at the same time having it lineup with the international date isn’t a bad thing

Also, that site seems to think SW 10 will have the characters from the newest trilogy? I don't think so. I know at least Daisy Ridley says she is done with SW after 9. Boyega is getting plenty of other blockbuster roles so he doesn't need it either.

I'm sure you've seen "Pinterest fails" - it would be something like that if I tried doing this instagram wall thing lol
:rotfl: Probably same here!

I prefer taking pictures with glow cubes in my mouth (so it looks like your mouth is glowing) while drinking at Trader Sam's. :laughing:
#StayClassy -- I like it! :rotfl2:

To add to this apparently APs will get first dibs at some merchandise such as limited edition Magicbands, Dooney and Bourke’s, and more.
That might make it not 100% ridiculous that they're calling this a perk. :)

Also, that site seems to think SW 10 will have the characters from the newest trilogy? I don't think so. I know at least Daisy Ridley says she is done with SW after 9. Boyega is getting plenty of other blockbuster roles so he doesn't need it either.

Daisy Ridley has since backtracked on that comment that she is done after 9. She revised to say only "I am only signed through 3 movies, so I can't say beyond that." Not to say they'll definitely bring that crew back for more, but I can't imagine they won't want to tell more stories with Rey if they can. (She's very popular with young girls.)

Any insight on what this is about? I’d assume Toy Story Land, but why would they hide it if we already know? It’s got my brain working lol

Any insight on what this is about? I’d assume Toy Story Land, but why would they hide it if we already know? It’s got my brain working lol
I think it's just Toy Story Land and that's it.

The "Big" aspect is probably because of the theming of being in Andy's backyard where everything is larger on purpose. Guests are now supposed to be smaller than the toys..like a ball that normally wouldn't be big is now really big in comparison since you are smaller when you are in the Land, etc.

ETA: In other words I don't think the "big" was meant to mean "we're hiding something" but to mean "big" as in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter