• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only staying until about 1PM. Then lunch at The Edison, and then maybe MK since they have EMH until 1AM.

I’m not used to these late night parks. I’m usually in bed by 9 for a runDisney event.

I havent been to parks with those type of hours since my honeymoon ~8 years ago. From 10PM to park close were some of my favorite times to be in the parks. We now have small children so, staying out that late is not likely, but anything is possible.

So the Animal Kingdom Annual Passholder 20th anniversary merchandise event was crazy busy. They didn’t bring out all of their stock because they didn’t anticipate the crowds they got. I got one of the last Magicbands they had. I also bought a pin. Even Djuan Rivers was on hand.
The purse Facebook groups were excited for this because there was an Animal Kingdom Dooney...I know shoppers were taking lists.

Also, you have 24 MagicBands now? May as well keep going until you have one for every day of the month!

I havent been to parks with those type of hours since my honeymoon ~8 years ago. From 10PM to park close were some of my favorite times to be in the parks. We now have small children so, staying out that late is not likely, but anything is possible.
Yeah I should be okay with the late nights being a college kid but I’m lacking sleep.

The purse Facebook groups were excited for this because there was an Animal Kingdom Dooney...I know shoppers were taking lists.

Also, you have 24 MagicBands now? May as well keep going until you have one for every day of the month!
I didn’t see the Dooneys at all. I just saw shirts, pins and the Magicbands.

Don’t tempt me ;)

Also not sure if I’ll stay at an All-Stars again. Nothing is wrong with it but there are just too many large groups. I got serenaded on a bus back tonight with a group singing Piano Man, then the main pool is just filled with high school aged kids going crazy. I’ve been spoiled with deluxe my last few trips.

I totally get this. DW and I were discussing last trip, as for about 8 years we only stayed moderates and values, and then we got DVC in 2014 and since then we have only stated DVC/Deluxe. We agreed that it would be really hard to go back to the values. Not even so much the crowds, but the room size. Moderates we think would be OK, but boy it really makes me feel spoiled to say that. But I think I would likely choose staying off site before I stayed at a value, unless it was a pretty short stay.

It's funny because non-Disney we typically do not stay in deluxe accomodations, but we have been more and more staying in larger units. (1 or 2 bedroom type unit rather than a hotel room.) But at Disney, we've been so spoiled by DVC...

I totally get this. DW and I were discussing last trip, as for about 8 years we only stayed moderates and values, and then we got DVC in 2014 and since then we have only stated DVC/Deluxe. We agreed that it would be really hard to go back to the values. Not even so much the crowds, but the room size. Moderates we think would be OK, but boy it really makes me feel spoiled to say that. But I think I would likely choose staying off site before I stayed at a value, unless it was a pretty short stay.

It's funny because non-Disney we typically do not stay in deluxe accomodations, but we have been more and more staying in larger units. (1 or 2 bedroom type unit rather than a hotel room.) But at Disney, we've been so spoiled by DVC...
I’ve been in DVC units a few stays now too and those are just so great in terms of amenities and space. This is a reality check for me ;)

This is what I'd like to research for next year....is there a site or sites I can check out that lists large school or sports groups or events scheduled for wdw trips? I know this is a favorite destination for HS bands, team competition events etc but how can I find out when?
For at least events hosted by ESPN Wide World of Sports you can go here: https://www.espnwwos.com/events/

Ryan- saw that you waited standby for FoP yesterday. We have not been able to score a FP for that ride the past 4 trips! Yes 4 trips.
I've never wanted to wait in the line. Do you have any advice on best times to try? Do you think if I try close to closing??
I know even at RD the wait is long.

I'd still say rope drop is the best bet. Get there an hour ahead and you're golden. Even if you aren't there then and are a few hundred back, it's not that long. We rode it 7 times on our last trip. We only had two advanced FPs for it.

Well of course but that doesn't mean all of them have been good movies. Box office success sure but IMO the movies after the first have been really bad.

Quality has nothing to do with green-lighting a movie:

• Curse of the Black Pear - $656M worldwide take on a $140M budget
  • Dead Man's Chest - $1.07B worldwide take on a $225M budget.
  • At World's End - $963M worldwide take on a $300M budget.
  • On Stranger Tide - $1.05B worldwide take on a $250M budget.
  • Dead Men Tell No Tales - $794M worldwide take on a $230M budget.
Pretty much, as long as Johnny Depp wants to keep being Jack Sparrow, they'll keep making the movies, no matter how critically panned they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter