• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember being there when AK did a soft opening.... I was there for a work conference, and had the afternoon off, so we went to the NEW park... It was really cool, but there were NO signs anywhere so we got lost over and over.... Loved it then, and am so glad they have made it even better with the additions over the years - especially Pandora!

I remember being there when AK did a soft opening.... I was there for a work conference, and had the afternoon off, so we went to the NEW park... It was really cool, but there were NO signs anywhere so we got lost over and over.... Loved it then, and am so glad they have made it even better with the additions over the years - especially Pandora!

I'm sure you know this so I apologize about the redundancy, but that was the intention. Rohde wanted people to discover as they went. He didn't want any signs, even identifying the animals. I don't remember going when there were no signs, so I can't speak to how I would have reacted to it. I'm sure it was kind of confusing.

I still don't get it. The same type of thing is happening at my work. There are talks of having a photo booth for students (college age) to use over the summer when they come in. I think I am just too old to understand this.

Just took this photo today. The purple wall is just purple. Confused as I thought there was a pattern here.

13D9A1B3-2938-485B-9999-2ED477B5CD23.jpeg

I'm sure you know this so I apologize about the redundancy, but that was the intention. Rohde wanted people to discover as they went. He didn't want any signs, even identifying the animals. I don't remember going when there were no signs, so I can't speak to how I would have reacted to it. I'm sure it was kind of confusing.
Thanks, I didn't know that was the intention...glad they added the signs though! On the way out of the gates that first visit, I was selected by the OPINION CM...and said how confusing it was with no signage.... maybe they heard that over and over and decided to add the signs. It's easy to get turned around in that park anyway, especially if you are not a frequent visitor - so I can't imagine them leaving it up to "discovery" especially for things like exits and restrooms... ha ha

Thanks, I didn't know that was the intention...glad they added the signs though! On the way out of the gates that first visit, I was selected by the OPINION CM...and said how confusing it was with no signage.... maybe they heard that over and over and decided to add the signs. It's easy to get turned around in that park anyway, especially if you are not a frequent visitor - so I can't imagine them leaving it up to "discovery" especially for things like exits and restrooms... ha ha
It kind of goes through to Pandora. There is no big ride marquee for the attractions. They obviously added some “temporary” ones near the entrance for people to find things but at the attractions themselves outside of the wait times they want the land to feel natural.

I think we will see the same in Galaxy’s Edge. They want it to be immersive and realistic. Having large marquees would take away from that.

It kind of goes through to Pandora. There is no big ride marquee for the attractions. They obviously added some “temporary” ones near the entrance for people to find things but at the attractions themselves outside of the wait times they want the land to feel natural.

I think we will see the same in Galaxy’s Edge. They want it to be immersive and realistic. Having large marquees would take away from that.

I still get turned around in that place, even with the signage. It took me a while studying the map to even get a feel.

I noticed what rteetz is saying. I couldn't find Flight of Passage the first time in the land. When Diagon Alley opened, they specifically didn't have any signs, they wanted people to find the brick wall on their own. Well, people didn't like that, so they had a Team Member standing and pointing to where the entrance was. Completely broke the immersion, but at least you didn't have a bunch of people not know where they are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter