• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, the WDW one breaks down a lot too, and it smells too. I am more referring to the looks and age of the DLR one.

It also doesn’t really have seats and is more similar to the faux monorail at the airport.

I enjoy it more for it’s aesthetic running through the parks, but as a transportation vehicle it’s terrible - unless you’re in Tomorrowland and need to get to the now defunct portion of Downtown Disney ASAP (ESPN, Rainforest).

Saw a report on Facebook that a couple of families were offered $60 or 6 Minnie van rides for opting out of housekeeping (for a 7 night stay). They chose the gift card so not real confirmation on Minnie Vans but wondering if anyone else has heard anything, this was at CBR today. Also noted the hours you can use them for the opt out are restricted. (Not available first thing in AM or late at night. Mostly middle of the day trips).

Why oh why can't we have such a cool monorail? I'm not just talking about the wrap either:(

During our Disneyland trip in 2015 we got to ride in the "private" train at the end. It was a pretty neat experience. Would be cool if WDW had something like that.

Why oh why can't we have such a cool monorail? I'm not just talking about the wrap either:(

I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t directly comment on this. We have friends that went though and they said that the DL monorail terrified them. It was much more jolting of a ride and to them it felt like it could fall off at any second. They said the WDW monorails are much smoother.

I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t directly comment on this. We have friends that went though and they said that the DL monorail terrified them. It was much more jolting of a ride and to them it felt like it could fall off at any second. They said the WDW monorails are much smoother.
I've been on the DL monorail many times and never even noticed it being a jolting ride. My only beef with the system is that it has no A/C and closes down when it's really hot out.

Saw this on Facebook this weekend:

"Jelani Alladin (Kristoff), Greg Hildreth (Olaf), John Riddle (Hans) and the entire cast of the new Broadway hit Frozen surprised the sold-out house at the St. James Theatre this afternoon with a tribute to Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical Oklahoma!, which opened at the St. James Theatre 75 years ago today, on March 31, 1943. Riddle began with an a cappella version of Oklahoma!’s sweeping opening number, ‘Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin',’ joined by Alladin and Hildreth and, finally by the entire Frozen cast, including stars Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna)."

Hi all - I just got back from a quick trip to DLR and had a few things I wanted to share. It has been almost 2 years since we have been there.
First - we rode the monorail and had no issues - it was neither hot nor smelled :).
My big observation was the push for, and unnecessary MaxPass. Everyone from the resort, to the gates recommended it. I did not buy it b/c we arrived mid-day on Thursday and didn't think we would get our moneys worth. According to TouringPlans - we were there for 8/9 out of 10 days. We used the traditional paper fastpasses and boy was it fun to use those again. We got between 6-8 each day. One big difference is the "fastpass" paper ticket is now only a reminder of your return time, when you return you have to pull out your paper entry ticket and have that scanned. That was a bit nerve racking as I was afraid my kids (or worse I) would lose our ticket, but we survived. Folks who did use MaxPass had to pull their phone out, pull up the app and have that scanned for return. This really clogged up the fastpass entry lines, especially for folks that had their whole family linked. They had to flip on their phone from one pass to the next. I was also suprised with the number of rides that still don't have fastpass. Yes, they did add it to some rides, Matterhorn, TSMM, HM, but if they had it, it wasn't "on" for Small World, Pirates, Louigi etc. We basically only needed FP for the major E ticket rides. We used it for Guardians, RSR, Space, BTM a few times, but that was about it. The early day lines weren't bad for the other big rides, and there we so many rides that didn't take it. Traveling with a party of 4, it definitely wasn't worth an additional $40/day. I did consider buying just 1 to use for ride photos, but not that many rides had photos - and they don't put that silly watermark across the screen when you view the photo at the end - so i just took a picture of the screen - I know - redneck.
Other observation - perhaps I too small town, but Food and Wine is crazy expensive. There was an Angus slider that my husband was considering - $8- but it was the size of a golf ball (bun, toppings and burger). Seriously - you would have to work to make 2 bites out of it.
Finally, I didn't spend time taking construction photos - but we could visibly notice the changes in SWL in just the 3 days - they are progressing quickly.

Hi all - I just got back from a quick trip to DLR and had a few things I wanted to share. It has been almost 2 years since we have been there.
First - we rode the monorail and had no issues - it was neither hot nor smelled :).
My big observation was the push for, and unnecessary MaxPass. Everyone from the resort, to the gates recommended it. I did not buy it b/c we arrived mid-day on Thursday and didn't think we would get our moneys worth. According to TouringPlans - we were there for 8/9 out of 10 days. We used the traditional paper fastpasses and boy was it fun to use those again. We got between 6-8 each day. One big difference is the "fastpass" paper ticket is now only a reminder of your return time, when you return you have to pull out your paper entry ticket and have that scanned. That was a bit nerve racking as I was afraid my kids (or worse I) would lose our ticket, but we survived. Folks who did use MaxPass had to pull their phone out, pull up the app and have that scanned for return. This really clogged up the fastpass entry lines, especially for folks that had their whole family linked. They had to flip on their phone from one pass to the next. I was also suprised with the number of rides that still don't have fastpass. Yes, they did add it to some rides, Matterhorn, TSMM, HM, but if they had it, it wasn't "on" for Small World, Pirates, Louigi etc. We basically only needed FP for the major E ticket rides. We used it for Guardians, RSR, Space, BTM a few times, but that was about it. The early day lines weren't bad for the other big rides, and there we so many rides that didn't take it. Traveling with a party of 4, it definitely wasn't worth an additional $40/day. I did consider buying just 1 to use for ride photos, but not that many rides had photos - and they don't put that silly watermark across the screen when you view the photo at the end - so i just took a picture of the screen - I know - redneck.
Other observation - perhaps I too small town, but Food and Wine is crazy expensive. There was an Angus slider that my husband was considering - $8- but it was the size of a golf ball (bun, toppings and burger). Seriously - you would have to work to make 2 bites out of it.
Finally, I didn't spend time taking construction photos - but we could visibly notice the changes in SWL in just the 3 days - they are progressing quickly.

I used MaxPass when I was there last year. My biggest complaint was that the WiFi and cell reception/data were terrible in the parks. So MaxPass frequently didn't work effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter