News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still has a chance. It is Star Wars after all and not everyone follows the production drama like we do here. I’m still very interested to see the finished product.
I'll be honest though I'm not sure if I'll be seeing Solo in theaters. I was undecided about Dr Strange and ended up loving it so I've been wrong before but I'm even less interested in seeing Solo in theaters than I was Dr Strange. I think before I decide 100% to see it in theaters I'll wait for some reviews to come out including how people feel about it on the boards. It's just an interesting thing for me because I was very excited to see the other recent Star Wars movies just this one not so much (I still plan on seeing it, it's just the seeing it in theaters part I'm up in the air about).

That is one BIG WOODY! pirate: (NPI)

TWJS

One of the things that makes me happy about owning DVC is not having to battle for free dining. Our trip in August even falls in the window, and I just don't care. The deal isn't the deal it used to be either - I remember back in 2009 getting FD at a value when it was still the full dining and we had 3 adults and a child in a room - I think we were only paying like $120 a night for the room. Just looked back, trip cost me $2,500 with MIL paying for her own flight but that included everything else. That was the LAST year they gave the full free dining at the values. Can't be bothered to do the math, but would think that a family of 4 with upgraded FD at a value would now run a lot closer to $4,000. And that's not far off from what my upcoming August trip is going to cost.

Very true....just for S&G's I planned a trip similar to our last (Nov 2015) to see what the price difference was.
2015 - 4 people (2adult 2kid), Pop Century, 7 day hopper, memory maker, travel insurance, upgrade to Dining (from quick to dining) - 2950
2018 - 4 people (3 adult now, 1 kid), Pop, 7 day hopper, mem maker, dining upgrade ~ 4200 depending on time frame

One of the things that makes me happy about owning DVC is not having to battle for free dining. Our trip in August even falls in the window, and I just don't care. The deal isn't the deal it used to be either - I remember back in 2009 getting FD at a value when it was still the full dining and we had 3 adults and a child in a room - I think we were only paying like $120 a night for the room. Just looked back, trip cost me $2,500 with MIL paying for her own flight but that included everything else. That was the LAST year they gave the full free dining at the values. Can't be bothered to do the math, but would think that a family of 4 with upgraded FD at a value would now run a lot closer to $4,000. And that's not far off from what my upcoming August trip is going to cost.

Being DVC doesn’t necessarily exclude one from also needing/wanting to book a FDP.

We own multiple DVC contracts, yet still book via CRO (or offsite) to flush out trips or take bonus ones. Easy enough in to buy a FDP pkg & upgrade the tix to the next DVC discounted APH.

Between the APHs burning holes in our pockets, adult kids who still want to visit on our dime and having lots of accrued vacation time, our needs are often over our generous point allocation.

Admitttedly, first world problem situation but, not pleased with the lack of availability for the announced FDP dates that i checked today for end of Nov & Dec.

I had DVC booked as a placeholder, hoping to switch it out for FDP. At this point leaning towards cancelling DVC dates (saving the points for possible Aulani trip in spring 2019 pre cruise), not auto renewing our APHs (start them anew 9 months later 7/19) & spending our late fall/winter $ at an AI or cheap cruise.

Not having us spend our vacation dollar there for our normal last visit this year is but a drop in their bucket. Yet, I’m of the ‘why advertise a sale if availability is so incredibly limited?’ WDW frame of mind.:rolleyes1

Disney has made a few date changes to the concert schedule. Check the Disney Parks Blog link again. Davis Cook's performance dates were changed. There's conflicting info on several Disney fan sites regarding Hason's and Taylor Dane's performance dates.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...8-epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

Just chiming in Ms Dayne slayer it last year. Different sets too:worship: Can’t say i’m particularly blown away by this year’s offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter