News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hmm if they are doing this Early May they must be closer to being done then was previously thought of on this thread. I doubt they would allow such a large coverage inside a "half" done area. It might mean we might see a decent number of Passholder Previews

I don't know. I think someone at Universal is saying "Disney gets Marvel at WDW over my dead body", and I think they mean it. Universal won't sell the rights back for any sane amount of money. They don't need the money. Unless Disney can figure out a way to make their lives miserable, I don't see Universal selling any time soon.
Agreed. But what about more Guardians-like offerings that eventually litter the parks? That’s more what I had in mind wrt WDW.

Well hmm if they are doing this Early May they must be closer to being done then was previously thought of on this thread. I doubt they would allow such a large coverage inside a "half" done area. It might mean we might see a decent number of Passholder Previews

maybe - they could also be careful with camera angles and make it seem like it is more done than it really is.

Agreed. But what about more Guardians-like offerings that eventually litter the parks? That’s more what I had in mind wrt WDW.

They can only put so much Guardians in the park in a sane way. If they build Guardians in more than one park or multiple attractions in Epcot, I think they would be insane. Even Frozen didn't really get more than 1 thing in each park, except for FEA and M&G in Norway. Not really counting M&G as an attraction.

They can only put so much Guardians in the park in a sane way. If they build Guardians in more than one park or multiple attractions in Epcot, I think they would be insane. Even Frozen didn't really get more than 1 thing in each park, except for FEA and M&G in Norway. Not really counting M&G as an attraction.

Post avengers 4, I expect more “obscure” characters and teams to take center stage. If they’re popular those could be included.

To a extent I agree, but exposed Dirt and Grime from construction can only be cleaned up and glossed over by fancy camera angles so much lol unless they add lens flare and extreme close ups to the tv personalities, or just use alot of Artist Rendered Drawings, I still see this as a good sign of possible AP passholder offerings being ready sooner than discussed here

Post avengers 4, I expect more “obscure” characters and teams to take center stage. If they’re popular those could be included.

Possibly not. We might be surprised at how many of the Avengers are excluded. Supposedly, Jim Hill spent a day taking pictures of any artwork at Universal Super Hero Island that included a character. I still haven't found his full analysis of this, but supposedly there were a lot of characters in the art, including supposedly Black Panther.

Plus, the characters would have to be big enough for an attraction. It seems they got away with the Dr Strange M&G at DHS, but they haven't built anything for him. I think they want big known (not necessarily now but after movies), popular characters for the attractions. It would have to be a really popular movie for a lesser known character to get an attraction. They kind of lucked out with Guardians. Or should I say they realized that sticking to the Guardians comic books for the character development wasn't a great idea. Star Lord is an arrogant jerk in some of the comics, even more so than he comes across in the movie.

Article is not correct - it ends August 25th. That is not every day in July and August as the article implies. (Can you tell I'm bitter that it ends on the first day of my trip?)

Do I have to be the nerd that says "It's not Hagrid's bike, it's Sirius' bike." Of course, he gave it to Hagrid for safe keeping, so I guess it then became Hagrid's....OK never mind.

I do think this is a fun idea for a milder coaster. Really it's a piece that Universal is well missing. There are lots of little kids that love Harry Potter but they are left riding only the Hyppogriff ride right now, which is pretty lame, a train ride, and waving their wands around at stuff. I'm not sure it gets us back to Universal any sooner, though.

Article is not correct - it ends August 25th. That is not every day in July and August as the article implies. (Can you tell I'm bitter that it ends on the first day of my trip?)

Do I have to be the nerd that says "It's not Hagrid's bike, it's Sirius' bike." Of course, he gave it to Hagrid for safe keeping, so I guess it then became Hagrid's....OK never mind.

I do think this is a fun idea for a milder coaster. Really it's a piece that Universal is well missing. There are lots of little kids that love Harry Potter but they are left riding only the Hyppogriff ride right now, which is pretty lame, a train ride, and waving their wands around at stuff. I'm not sure it gets us back to Universal any sooner, though.

Nah you aren't the only nerd. I was going with Hagrid since, according to the article, the ride will be based on Hagrid's terrible driving/flying.

I'm very excited to see how it turns out, and I will definitely be heading to Universal to ride it. I'm seriously hoping that this article is right, they could do all sorts of great stuff with the Forbidden Forest and real set pieces/animatronics.

AK or Epcot will eventually have a Squirrel Girl ride/attraction and I’ll be there opening day for it.

This is what I meant by Guardians-like offerings:

Possibly not. We might be surprised at how many of the Avengers are excluded. Supposedly, Jim Hill spent a day taking pictures of any artwork at Universal Super Hero Island that included a character. I still haven't found his full analysis of this, but supposedly there were a lot of characters in the art, including supposedly Black Panther.

Plus, the characters would have to be big enough for an attraction. It seems they got away with the Dr Strange M&G at DHS, but they haven't built anything for him. I think they want big known (not necessarily now but after movies), popular characters for the attractions. It would have to be a really popular movie for a lesser known character to get an attraction. They kind of lucked out with Guardians. Or should I say they realized that sticking to the Guardians comic books for the character development wasn't a great idea. Star Lord is an arrogant jerk in some of the comics, even more so than he comes across in the movie.

That's a shame, Black Panther / Wakanda and the super advanced technology would be a perfect fit for Tomorrowland or Future World (assuming they keep that name/theming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter