News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article is not correct - it ends August 25th. That is not every day in July and August as the article implies. (Can you tell I'm bitter that it ends on the first day of my trip?)

Nah you aren't the only nerd.

Yeah I noticed that.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that on the info we received directly from Disney, they said, and I quote, "In July and August Guests staying at select Walt Disney World resort hotels can access Extra Magic Hours daily - yes, daily! - to experience favorite attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios, including the attractions in the all-new Toy Story Land."

It's so hard to know if they'll change something as we all know things are subject to change any time. That emphasis of the "yes, daily!" makes me wonder if they really are still working on things. The site has been known to be inaccurate at times when they're still updating.

That said, I'm so glad you guys pay very close attention!! :goodvibes

. That emphasis of the "yes, daily!" makes me wonder if they really are still working on things. The site has been known to be inaccurate at times when they're still updating.

That said, I'm so glad you guys pay very close attention!! :goodvibes

I suppose they could extend it, but right when Disney first announced it a few weeks ago i checked, and they put up dates until August 25th back then. Starting August 26th they have regular EMH scheduled at DHS. This article from the DIS is just announcing what was announced a little while ago. I just figured I would get out in front of it in case anyone was hopping up and down because they had a trip last week of August like me, and they thought they'd have plenty of EMH to choose from.

I suppose they could extend it, but right when Disney first announced it a few weeks ago i checked, and they put up dates until August 25th back then. Starting August 26th they have regular EMH scheduled at DHS. This article from the DIS is just announcing what was announced a little while ago. I just figured I would get out in front of it in case anyone was hopping up and down because they had a trip last week of August like me, and they thought they'd have plenty of EMH to choose from.

I am actually the other way - we have a trip planned for the last week of August but are staying off site, so I am glad they don't have the morning EMHs for that week (at least as of now)

That's a shame, Black Panther / Wakanda and the super advanced technology would be a perfect fit for Tomorrowland or Future World (assuming they keep that name/theming).

It's not definite, but I thought I remember hearing in a podcast that Black Panther was there. I wouldn't mind replacing Stitch with a Black Panther attraction though.

Seems like there is some debate if Wakanda (without using the character) could be used. I mean, might be odd and not saying I am a fan of the idea but I recall that question coming up
I don’t know why you’d use Wakanda without Black Panther. That would be confusing for guests.

News

Frozen the Musical: Original Broadway Cast Recording will be released digitally by Walt Disney Records on Friday, May 11, 2018. The physical album will be available on Friday, June 8, 2018. The album is produced by Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Stephen Oremus, Dave Metzger and Chris Montan.

Video below of the Broadway Cast Recording!

Frozen the Musical: Original Broadway Cast Recording Preview!

I am hearing about the new Pixar Play Zone from my sister and wow, everyone should check it out if they are staying at the Contemporary because the kids get to do a lot of cool stuff and walk away with things they made!
We may have to try it in July!

Black Panther can’t be used at WDW.

Is there a definitive list of who can and can't be used? All I've heard people quote is the confusion contract and stuff about having a cardboard cutout on the bathroom at IOA or being a member of the avengers at conception but not at universal... Confusion. And I am an attorney. Then again, I never tried to read through the original contract.

From LucasFilm to Marvel

View attachment 320002

Damn Ironman. Share the limelight!!

News

New Ant-Man trailer comes out tomorrow May 1st.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that infinity war is now out? Perhaps a tie in they didn't want to spoil before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter