News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and I did DAH for my birthday in January when we were there for a dance trip and had a great time, however the trend in the last few years to earlier close times is really unfortunate. I would have hoped they kept this event to "slower" times and kept longer summer hours but I'm happy you get to try it! In recent years, I often find myself struggling with the macro/micro thing when planning my Disney vacations and saving for a couple of "extras"...

I think what you are seeing, besides Disney doing a money grab, is that summer is becoming the slower season. Whereas now Fall to January has become packed.

I think what you are seeing, besides Disney doing a money grab, is that summer is becoming the slower season. Whereas now Fall to January has become packed.
Summer wasn’t slower than Fall-Jan over the last two years. We’ve spent 10-12 days in early August, as well as visits for SWDS and W&D. August was busier.

Summer wasn’t slower than Fall-Jan over the last two years. We’ve spent 10-12 days in early August, as well as visits for SWDS and W&D. August was busier.
Our October trip seemed way busier than our June trip. Now, weather it really was more crowded in October or whether it was due to reduced staffing I'm not sure. But our waits were way longer in the fall.

They really move fast with those mugs - I just bought the second version of MK a couple of weeks ago (at least I think it's the second version)...looks like Fantasyland.

My wife has moved on from pins to these mugs (which is fine by me since we actually get use out of them.) But if they keep moving this fast with the releases, I'm going to have to install more kitchen cabinets!

My wife has moved on from pins to these mugs (which is fine by me since we actually get use out of them.) But if they keep moving this fast with the releases, I'm going to have to install more kitchen cabinets!

I hear you - I was so happy when I completed my set of four, lol! If I keep going I'm going to run out of windowsill space. I wish this one was available when I was there two weeks ago - it has the Peoplemover on it, and I've always been weirdly obsessed with that attraction!

We haven't gone in the summer since our kids were little - we've settled into an April thing, partly because of the great weather. I remember I used to look forward on those trips to when my kids would be old enough to do the late summer hours, but I guess one way or another we'll be paying for those hours if we make it back in the summer!

The crowd thing is tough to get a handle on these days. We have found April fairly manageable, although since our week is fixed, Easter is always the wild card. I will say I had a bonus trip in January this year (not MLK), and it took us a longer amount of time to do fewer attractions (although it didn't "feel" crowded walking around)! Not a huge difference but I was a little surprised given it wasn't even a holiday. Not sure what's staffing, shorter hours, etc., but that was our experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter