News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, the article says the "Sunset Showcase theater" which is the spot where they were running Club Villian near R&RC. I suspect it is slightly more than a M&G, you don't call it a "show" if it's just a M&G.

It's good that Disney seems to be realizing they are going to have to put some stuff in DHS for 2019. I could see them doing some other low cost revamps in the park as well. (Maybe time to update/replace B&tB and VotLM?) Can we assume Launch Bay becomes something else as well? Doesn't seem to make much sense to have a lame Star Wars thing once you have a cool Star Wars thing.
Yeah DHS definitely needs it in time for 2019. I expect something to happen with Launch Bay as well.

yup, the article says the "Sunset Showcase theater" which is the spot where they were running Club Villian near R&RC. I suspect it is slightly more than a M&G, you don't call it a "show" if it's just a M&G.

It's good that Disney seems to be realizing they are going to have to put some stuff in DHS for 2019. I could see them doing some other low cost revamps in the park as well. (Maybe time to update/replace B&tB and VotLM?) Can we assume Launch Bay becomes something else as well? Doesn't seem to make much sense to have a lame Star Wars thing once you have a cool Star Wars thing.

I hope they just update The Little Mermaid instead of replacing it, but I agree. There is no reason for Launch Bay to exist after Galaxy's Edge opens up. Especially in Animation Courtyard.

I hope they just update The Little Mermaid instead of replacing it, but I agree. There is no reason for Launch Bay to exist after Galaxy's Edge opens up. Especially in Animation Courtyard.
There is precious little reason for Launch Bay to exist as it is, other than for the last couple years DHS was a shell of a park and they found a way to throw a cheap experience in there.

Just thought I'd share this live reaction to SDD shown here in UK. Only 1st half of the coaster but one of my favorite onride reactions that I have seen :)

Hahahaha, this was 100% me on 7DMT, "I thought this was a child's coaster!" Aside from being terrified and sick, I felt so bad for all the 6 and 7 year olds watching me cry. Definitely sticking to dark rides for the rest of my life, lol.

yes -I wouldn't be adverse to them keeping the Little Mermaid show, but it is in some truly desperate need of upgrading.

I wish they’d bring back Club Villain. That was an amazing show.

Ahh .. Lightning McQueen in that flex space theatre. That works! .. it pulls crowds away from the new lands and probably easy to throw up in a short time (frankly surprised they hadn't used that flex theatre for an actual daytime attraction while DHS has been "attraction-light".

I have been planning on getting a Annual Pass for Nov. 11 2018 - Nov. 11 2019 and it looks like I will be missing SWGE opening, but this will definitely make DHS worth visiting again in the late summer/early fall of 2019 right before SWGE opens .. two new attractions.

My family enjoys those "Turtle Talk"-like attractions. They are pretty entertaining. I suspect one (or just some sort of show) with the Cars characters "in person" would be just as fun.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why but out of all the new things coming I'm most excited for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway. Just seems like it could be some really special and unique.

I'm not sure I can say that - the Star Wars Battle attraction has a chance at taking the title of "Best theme park attraction in existence" away from Universal for the first time in 20 years, but I do have to say that what they are selling this ride as could prove to be a truly unique and fun experience that the whole family can enjoy. (So many of the top theme park attractions tend to lean towards thrill rides.)

I'm not sure I can say that - the Star Wars Battle attraction has a chance at taking the title of "Best theme park attraction in existence" away from Universal for the first time in 20 years, but I do have to say that what they are selling this ride as could prove to be a truly unique and fun experience that the whole family can enjoy. (So many of the top theme park attractions tend to lean towards thrill rides.)
Yeah I don't think it will top the battle attraction as that should be one of if not the best attractions Disney has done in a very long time. Mickey's will be a sleeper hit though. Trackless, family fun dark ride with new technology.

Their explanation is something like the statues are the toys and the characters are living things. It’s weird...

I have been to the United Center when Michael Jordan was there and his statue was there too. One was a statue the other my all time favorite player. Didn't crush my night that both were in the same general location, I already knew the statue was a statue. pirate:

I actually like FOP better than anything I have seen or done at Universal.

Yeah I don't think it will top the battle attraction as that should be one of if not the best attractions Disney has done in a very long time. Mickey's will be a sleeper hit though. Trackless, family fun dark ride with new technology.

It's really awesome that that park will go from having 4 rides (ToT, RnRC, ST, TSMM) to 9 rides in the next 18 months. The first time in its history that park will have a legit number of rides.

I have been to the United Center when Michael Jordan was there and his statue was there too. One was a statue the other my all time favorite player. Didn't crush my night that both were in the same general location, I already knew the statue was a statue. pirate:

I know you are just joshing - but the whole point I think isn't that there are statues of Buzz and Woody vs walk-around characters. It's more that the entire Toy Story Land is designed to a scale, where a human is the size of a green army man, (3" = 5.5 feet) making Buzz and Woody around 10 feet tall in that scale. Then suddenly there are Buzz and Woody walking around that are 3" tall.

It's really a silly point that's only slightly bothersome to even the most theme-ing sticklers. It makes me think of a line from one of my favorite TV shows theme songs: "Repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter