News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me - but I hate the style of the Aventurra. It's that whole modern chic with no personality that all hotels (not just theme park hotels) seem to be going to. It's the reason I haven't rushed to stay at BLT. Even that bar area that tries to say "modern" but the furnishings just scream "cheap" to me. (And damn those seats look uncomfortable.)
Well if I am not mistaken this is not considered a deluxe hotel for Universal it is a Prime Value which means its on the level of Cabana Bay pricing. That could be why some aspects are cheap.

Maybe it's just me - but I hate the style of the Aventurra. It's that whole modern chic with no personality that all hotels (not just theme park hotels) seem to be going to. It's the reason I haven't rushed to stay at BLT. Even that bar area that tries to say "modern" but the furnishings just scream "cheap" to me. (And damn those seats look uncomfortable.)

I hear you (heck, I wrote an article about fearing Disney heading too much in this direction). I think if it is just this one, that is ok as they definitely appeal to some people - a lot of hotel chains that appeal to business travelers are going in this direction and I do think it gives them a clean look

Will be interesting to see the styling of the new value hotels being built on the old Wet and Wild site - will it be more like this or more like Cabana Bay with a bit more personality?

I love it...and over the top, cluttery, WDW theming is one of the reasons I've loved the Swolphin so dearly for so long (can't wait to see the kids walk in on Sunday!!!). It'd take away from WDW/USO though if they didn't have all those crazy themey resorts though and they are so fun to visit; but there are definitely people who don't want to come back to a hotel with a bunch of creepy masks on the walls or being drug into a cabin like WL. WDW/USO is trying to cover everyone's preferences and that's what makes it awesome.

The rooftop bar? Yes, please.

I love it...and over the top, cluttery, WDW theming is one of the reasons I've loved the Swolphin so dearly for so long (can't wait to see the kids walk in on Sunday!!!). It'd take away from WDW/USO though if they didn't have all those crazy themey resorts though and they are so fun to visit; but there are definitely people who don't want to come back to a hotel with a bunch of creepy masks on the walls or being drug into a cabin like WL. WDW/USO is trying to cover everyone's preferences and that's what makes it awesome.

The rooftop bar? Yes, please.

I'm OK with it as well, wonder if that one pic is a sushi bar-just can't seem to find any good rolls (our fave) down there.

We like "tower" hotels, just nice to have elevated views and agree on the rooftop bar.

Although the view can make up a lot of the decor, or at least make it quite irrelevant.

enhance

I think the exterior is ugly, but the inside looks nice enough.

How many hotels does Universal have? It seems like they are going down the Disney road of having more hotels to fit more people than the parks can handle! :)

How many hotels does Universal have? It seems like they are going down the Disney road of having more hotels to fit more people than the parks can handle! :)
Portofino
Royal Pacific
Hard Rock
Cabana Bay
Aventura
Sapphire Falls
And soon to be Endless Summer Resort

Also if all of the Disney resorts were filled to capacity that wouldn’t mean Disney parks are filled to capacity. A large percentage of daily Disney park guests are offsite or local.

Last edited:

I agree with you on not liking the look of the Aventura, but have to disagree about BLT ... but it’s my home resort and walking proximity to MK cannot be beat!

Reminds me of some of the newer hotels in Vegas. It's up my alley but I get why others wouldn't care for it. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the furnishings are trash, there's a lot of "cheap luxury" popping up these days.

I think that some of the criticism towards Aventura is because people are comparing it to BLT or other similar resorts. The pricing for Aventura falls pretty strategically right between a Disney value resort and a moderate resort (about $170 per night from the dates I've checked). It's unfair to compare this to a deluxe studio villa that will run you $600-800 per night when available.

Last edited:
So looks like lady Tremaine was the cut from the Halloween parties from last year.

New additions are Elvis stitch, then brer rabbit and fox, though I remember them randomly showing up at parties before.

Timon and doc mcstuffins are new, but I don't really count dance party characters as characters since you can't traditionally meet them.

Alot of people were hoping that new vampirina would show up. According to this list that's a no. I don't really know who that is but they have vampire in their name so you'd think that would have been a popular choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter