• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is planning to use this as a perk for Club 33 instead of DVC. The exclusivity benefits that DVC members has slowly been eaten away at by Disney especially as more DVC units are built and more guests can become DVC members, In saying that as much as DVC members will hate this, Disney knows they wont lose anyone by making this change. If people sell their Contracts, Disney gets first rights to buy them back so the value of the brand isnt under sold if Disney doesnt buy the contract then some other person has just signed up to replace the old members without most of the benifits people get from buying directly from Disney anyway so Disney profits from not having to allow the extras on resales. Honestly when it comes to DVC Disney only really has to allow members to gain access to using there points for stays beyond that all those perks are just fluff to try and get new members in and are not really guaranteed to last for the full length of a DVC contract.

In saying that I see either Top of the World becoming a Club 33 benefit or Disney turning it into a pay for firework viewing space for all guests,

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is planning to use this as a perk for Club 33 instead of DVC. The exclusivity benefits that DVC members has slowly been eaten away at by Disney especially as more DVC units are built and more guests can become DVC members, In saying that as much as DVC members will hate this, Disney knows they wont lose anyone by making this change. If people sell their Contracts, Disney gets first rights to buy them back so the value of the brand isnt under sold if Disney doesnt buy the contract then some other person has just signed up to replace the old members without most of the benifits people get from buying directly from Disney anyway so Disney profits from not having to allow the extras on resales. Honestly when it comes to DVC Disney only really has to allow members to gain access to using there points for stays beyond that all those perks are just fluff to try and get new members in and are not really guaranteed to last for the full length of a DVC contract.

In saying that I see either Top of the World becoming a Club 33 benefit or Disney turning it into a pay for firework viewing space for all guests,
Club 33 inside MK has firework viewing. Sure it’s not on top of BLT but it’s private and secluded.

Here's the thing, if TOTWL was making money it would be left alone. Lots of people that head up there just go for fireworks. No drinks, snacks, whatever. That's prime location and it could take in big bucks. I'm not saying I agree with this change. But the DVC sites have been talking about this the last week or two and as much as people complained, people also booked the new experience. 60 bucks a head vs spending nothing and you know which side Disney takes.

Not good but not unexpected. I look at it as a bait & switch and yes, I know that nothing is promised, just like requests.
Didn't they pull the same scam with BWV's a few years after opening? Some type of bar, meeting room area for BWV owners? I may be wrong but thought I read that info on these boards a many years ago. I'm sure an original BWV owner will chime in with the facts.

or some combination - Club 33 access and also for DVC who pay for the package (that they might open to everyone if they don't sell enough to just DVC)

There hasn't been anything that has said that access is going to be removed...only that this new package is available. That will only take up a small portion of the space. I'm not saying it won't be removed, just that a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that it's done when we haven't heard anything.

There hasn't been anything that has said that access is going to be removed...only that this new package is available. That will only take up a small portion of the space. I'm not saying it won't be removed, just that a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that it's done when we haven't heard anything.
And no one at MS has the answer about general DVC access, either. It's a wait and see at this point.

well, per that article: "The official DVC website lists Top Of The World lounge access ending December 29, 2018." ... now you very well might be right and they will juts have modified access going forward with some of it roped off for those with the "package" and then the other space is open for DVC people (if there is room) - but that isn't clear either

well, per that article: "The official DVC website lists Top Of The World lounge access ending December 29, 2018." ... now you very well might be right and they will juts have modified access going forward with some of it roped off for those with the "package" and then the other space is open for DVC people (if there is room) - but that isn't clear either

It doesn't say that it is ending Dec 29, 2018.....it says that access is available through Dec 29, 2018....this is how it is worded every year.

I believe, and I may be wrong, that the access had been announced initially as renewed, along with the Epcot lounge. Then the new package was announced and the website changed. When MS is called they have zero information. No one really knows yet how this will work.

I believe, and I may be wrong, that the access had been announced initially as renewed, along with the Epcot lounge. Then the new package was announced and the website changed. When MS is called they have zero information. No one really knows yet how this will work.
I don’t remember the TOTWL access being specifically renewed at the DVC meeting but the Epcot one definitely was.

I don’t remember the TOTWL access being specifically renewed at the DVC meeting but the Epcot one definitely was.
Yeah, I may be wrong on that one. But I do remember reading something about it...Disney Files or some other email/website/etc. I need to start paying closer attention to the announcements and sources.

or some combination - Club 33 access and also for DVC who pay for the package (that they might open to everyone if they don't sell enough to just DVC)

Which makes me think the Riviera will have a similar package , but with a possible higher cost as they have access 2 view 2 parks

Which makes me think the Riviera will have a similar package , but with a possible higher cost as they have access 2 view 2 parks
They do however DHS doesn’t really do much in terms of high in the sky pyro. They do a lot more projection, laser and lower or smaller pyro. So viewing may not be very good there for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter