• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't this sort of defeat the security purpose? Disney should just go to scanners.
If you mean the fully body scanners, there seem to be a lot of problems with those, including some efficacy concerns. Anywhere I've been traveling, TSA pre check gets you in a metal detector line anyway -- many people are not going through those scanners. In any case, I think there's some benefit to the deterrent of detectors of any kind, but the real security is very likely what we don't see. I'm not worried about this change at all -- it's the same type of detector setting they have for museums in DC, for instance.

If you mean the fully body scanners, there seem to be a lot of problems with those, including some efficacy concerns. Anywhere I've been traveling, TSA pre check gets you in a metal detector line anyway -- many people are not going through those scanners. In any case, I think there's some benefit to the deterrent of detectors of any kind, but the real security is very likely what we don't see. I'm not worried about this change at all -- it's the same type of detector setting they have for museums in DC, for instance.
I am talking about the Universal or DLP system.

I hope it's good. We will be seeing it Monday. I was worried that I would regret seeing it instead of Also, Also Wick or Detective Pikachu. We always see a movie on Monday after attending the Indy 500. Usually, the choices are really good, but this year, the good, well decent, movies are coming out on the 31st:confused3

Have fun at the race and go Helio! Though I don't expect much sadly. I'd love to see him get number 4 though.

Specialty bands appear to be sold out for resort guests. I tried last night and again today but can only get the normal coloured bands to appear. Others are reporting the same. Seems like this option was a HUGE success! Hope they add more bands again!!

Yeah they said they ran out and will restock and shut it down except for APs or something

Been a bit of a disaster as they sold more than they had - some people picked one and checked out/credit card charges only to find out later they didn't have it and changed it back to a solid color

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter