News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

New restaurant in Japan Pavilion (Takumi-Tei) will have a dress code per the official page which is now available:

Dress Code

In order to preserve the atmosphere of this dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code. The minimum dress code is required—and dressier attire is also welcome. Please review the minimum dress code requirements:
Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.
Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.
Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

(I hope the DIS group pays attention that hats are not allowed!)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/takumi-tei-restaurant/

NEWS

New restaurant in Japan Pavilion (Takumi-Tei) will have a dress code per the official page which is now available:

Dress Code

In order to preserve the atmosphere of this dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code. The minimum dress code is required—and dressier attire is also welcome. Please review the minimum dress code requirements:
Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.
Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.
Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

Isn't this the same verbiage for all "signature" restaurants except V&A?

NEWS

Dress Code

Are dress shorts code for “no jorts”?

Not really news but I thought people here might get a kick out of this. I am in Kansas City for work and had some free time so took a walk to check out where Laugh-O-Gram studios were. Not much to see but cool to know in the building is really where Walt and Ub got their start

I guess you are right - checked a few others and they have it too - though not as prominently as the new Japan one. Sorry, thought it was new to have something so specific laid out
No worries! I only remembered the phrasing because I was recently planning some meals and had a laugh at the "not permitted" items

Anyone having issues with the website (not the app)? When I try to price our rooms (AP discount) I get jumped to the U.K. website.

Not really news but I thought people here might get a kick out of this. I am in Kansas City for work and had some free time so took a walk to check out where Laugh-O-Gram studios were. Not much to see but cool to know in the building is really where Walt and Ub got their start

View attachment 406553
lol and us KC DISers (well the group I hang with) have been trying to make time to get there as a group for over a year now despite the fact that we live here :rotfl:

...it's still on our list though--we did make it out as a group to Marceline though last April

So I just got back from Anaheim I DID NOT GO TO GALAXYS EDGE so dont worry about spoilers.

It was a ghost town and it was wonderful. A bought of stomach flu infected my group and kept us from utilizing it unfortunately but the days we could go were amazing and even cast members were commenting how shocked they were but everyone around us seemed happy and enjoying their time. I leave for WDW tomorrow and am excited (slash nervous about my immune system LOL) but yes the reservation system and the hype seemed to benefit the non galaxys edge visitor too. We didn't go because this was a last minute trip and are excited to go next time!

NEWS

Dress Code

We eat at in park signatures all the time and I don't know if my husband has EVER worn a collared shirt to them. I'm not too worried. :)

View attachment 406553

Enjoy your time in KC! You can also see the house that he lived in when he was here (although it's not in a neighborhood I would recommend staying too long in)! You can also see the site of the original Kansas City Star, where Walt worked and had his paper route, the KC public library where he checked out several books on animation, and the KC Art Institute where he took Saturday animation classes!

Union Station is also fun to stop by since he worked for the rail line and loved trains so much. There's not a lot of terribly obvious Disney history here but there are little pieces if you know where to look :D

lol and us KC DISers (well the group I hang with) have been trying to make time to get there as a group for over a year now despite the fact that we live here :rotfl:

...it's still on our list though--we did make it out as a group to Marceline though last April
At this point it's literally just a drive-by hahaha you can't even go in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter