News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll concede I wasn't thinking of woody's round up. That could work. I'll also concede that disney has stretched the theme in several places. I don't think a straight up toy story overlay would play well there, but a Woody/cowboy theme could certainly work as well as country bears.
However if we are going to go on the premise of under utilized real estate getting a revamp, Stitch's attraction should be well ahead on the priority list. There is certainly other low hanging fruit in the park as well(Robinson's tree house, tomorrowland speedway etc.). We've also had a theatre announced and postponed, which would have soaked up a lot of people.

Oh for sure. I'm a big fan of the idea of replacing the Treehouse, Stitch and the speedway and even the riverboat and putting something back there.

I would hope in a future effort in cohesiveness, they would start the updates/upgrades/replacements with their respective lands. If an existing land/theme is present, then I would force inject the IP/characters into those lands and not scatter them across the parks.

I've seen CBJ many times and really have no burning desire to see it again. Perhaps this sentiment is exactly what is driving this alleged rumor.

In general, I do not want to see the Country Bear Jamboree go away. I think certain classic rides deserve a fighting chance to stay around. However, I cannot recall the last time I saw the Country Bears maybe even this entire decade. If they do replace it, I would prefer it to be something good. Another Toy Story reskin is something I would not want to see because Toy Story is already over done in the parks. I wish the management had the imagination, innovation and integrity to come up with better ideas.

You can't tell me you can't see a whole show based on Woody and a cowboy theme? C'mon. It would probably be pretty cool too with some state of the art tech.
In FRONTIER LAND - no, I really, really don't. Last rumor I have seen said this was due for a refresh not an IP change

In FRONTIER LAND - no, I really, really don't. Last rumor I have seen said this was due for a refresh not an IP change
The original rumor described the Toy Story show as a marionette show based on the Woody's Roundup cartoon.

It feels like Disney is moving away from having all the details fit the narrative and the storyline for a land, and more about immersing you in a feeling associated with the land. So even those things like aliens and space travel aren't really the definition of "the future" they evoke that feeling of things that are futuristic

So, yeah, I think a show featuring puppets that are cowboys and prospectors in the old west, fits the "feeling" of Fronteirland.

Not saying I want this change to happen but I don't think this would be the reason to not do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter