News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is how the authorizations clear.
Gas station authorizes $75. you pump $53 in gas, system uses the $75 auth to clear the $53 charge same day.
Hotels, the auth can last several days, because the auth is a check in. The auth clears on check out, usually after midnight on the day of check out.

An authorization is like a reservation for your money. The auth at gas pumps, hotels and few other instances like rental cars, is usually higher than the anticipated charge. That often causes a problem for people who think a debit card is just like a credit card.
It varies depending on the gas station and their practices and your financial insitution. Because banks can decide in which order things are run you could run into an issue where a hold (even if it was only for a few hours) could cause you to overdraft if things were processed in a certain order and as things nowadays are taken out of your available balance immediately it could happen quicker than it used to be when you could submit a check and have it not clear your bank for a week. I would say they are quicker than they used to be with respects to gasoline.

I agree that it can def. be an issue for those who think a debit card is like a credit card I'm just not sure that's related to Disney and instead related to the person holding the debit card (or credit card for that matter).

I think we're much more likely to have issues with people not knowing what the charge is versus it actually impacting them financially but that's purely my thoughts.

I really like both of those.

More and more I'm feeling the burn from being an Android person *sigh* I guess I'll just have to look but not touch all these cute phone cases they come out with.

I can relate (in my case though, I'm an iphone 6 owner), I would definitely buy that "Mickey through the years" phone case if they had one available for it.

Same here (iPhone 6 plus) - though I like the 4 parks one
I think Disney and phone case companies look at numbers of how many people are estimated to own each phone and since the iPhone 6 is likely a lower number its not in their best interest to make that size. I would assume people with a 6 or lower are more likely to upgrade their phone soon rather than not as well.

Christmas tree is still up at AK tonight. Guess the CM we talked to yesterday was wrong. Lol Here now for the After Hours event!

Last edited:
Construction is in a snakey area. I do mean literally snake as over the past few years, I have watched CMs with snake sticks on at least 3 separate occasions searching through this quiet, shaded garden entrance area in front of the Mitsukoshi store. Maybe the construction will drive the snakes to a new, quiet area away from human foot traffic. Best for both guests and snakes.
Maybe they’ll head over to France and feed on the newly introduced rats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter