News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are paying $319 a night for a water view, standard is $288.

I must be used to high hotel prices when we travel because when looking at pics of the hotel, I feel like we are getting a steal! :p Just the lobby alone is worth it to us, plus I never knew how lovely the grounds of Coronado Springs are. Was watching videos and I think it rivals Polynesian for foliage and peacefulness.

We are staying in a cabin at FW this weekend, but am hoping there is bus transporation from MK to this resort. I'm very eager to see it in person.

We are staying in a cabin at FW this weekend, but am hoping there is bus transporation from MK to this resort. I'm very eager to see it in person.

Just take the Coronado Springs bus from MK - the Tower (should be) the first drop off!

***edit! You will be last dropped off too, sorry! :(

Last edited:
We are paying $319 a night for a water view, standard is $288.

I must be used to high hotel prices when we travel because when looking at pics of the hotel, I feel like we are getting a steal! :p Just the lobby alone is worth it to us, plus I never knew how lovely the grounds of Coronado Springs are. Was watching videos and I think it rivals Polynesian for foliage and peacefulness.

yeah, that is way more than I like to pay. We are splurging for 2 nights at AKL our next trip, only b/c we got it for like $250/night, rest is at POP. We generally stay off site in a 2 or 3 bedroom condo for ~$150/night (an have up to 9 people there at that price).

But compared to the rack rate for some of the Deluxe's this looks like a "steal" in relative terms as far as how nice it looks for the price

When you touched on Vegas thing it reminds me of how the style of places have changed. In Vegas you won't get themed buildings anymore (Excalibur, Luxor, New York New York, MGM style) and the insides are less in your face about it. But before that Vegas had a different style for their buildings.

I agree. Our last stay was at Golden Nugget in the Rush Tower and it was themed (but not sure what). We've stayed at Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Stardust, Orleans, Flamingo, TI (it was Treasure Island) and Luxor (in the pyramid). It seemed the more recent our stays the more they have "neutralized" the lobbies and rooms.

When you touched on Vegas thing it reminds me of how the style of places have changed. In Vegas you won't get themed buildings anymore (Excalibur, Luxor, New York New York, MGM style) and the insides are less in your face about it. But before that Vegas had a different style for their buildings.

I know though that in terms of Disney it is rubbing people the wrong way that they feel there's way too little Disney-feel and by that I mean the older style of design and I actually get that. On the other hand for some the theming is just too much in your face in terms of existing buildings. But when I do look at the room picture I do feel like maybe a bit more could be done but that's just me.

maybe Vegas is the wrong comparison, but it seems way more glitzy and "bedazzled" than other WDW resorts. And I don't mean it like it is a bad thing, but what I love about the best of the WDW resorts is that they transport you to another location and feel like "not just another hotel that could be located anywhere"

Not a bad room, kinda what I would expect at a resort like Swan and Dolphin, the question is are the beds as comfy as the Swalphins.

It appears there are hidden Mickey's in the wall paper/treatment by the coffee pot. Beds look comfy... hopefully. If I was doing a solo trip, I'd definitely try it out. Not sure with the kids...I really like having a balcony with the kids.

maybe Vegas is the wrong comparison, but it seems way more glitzy and "bedazzled" than other WDW resorts. And I don't mean it like it is a bad thing, but what I love about the best of the WDW resorts is that they transport you to another location and feel like "not just another hotel that could be located anywhere"

I can see that, but I also think it does have that "transportive" feel - Barcelona! :)

It won't take the place of our favorite (at least I don't think) - Yacht/Beach - but it sure is a great alternative.

It feels like Disney built an "adult' hotel.

I know though that in terms of Disney it is rubbing people the wrong way that they feel there's way too little Disney-feel and by that I mean the older style of design and I actually get that. On the other hand for some the theming is just too much in your face in terms of existing buildings. But when I do look at the room picture I do feel like maybe a bit more could be done but that's just me.

As rteetz notes, this expansion was built primarily to drive business to the Convention Center at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. As such, they have to appeal to business people that might balk at a in-your-face design that screams Mouse.

Complete speculation, but I bet the team that designed this tower would be pleased by TheMaxRebo's comment that it reminds him of a Las Vegas property. Many professional meeting planners view Las Vegas as one of the top locations for large events/conventions.

This new tower should do wonders for Disney's convention business. Lots of people dislike exterior entry guest rooms. Back when I worked at the Disney Reservations Center, whenever I described the moderate resorts as having exterior entry, the most common response was: You mean like a motel? Having interior corridors to guest rooms and inside hallways to the Convention Center is a massive upgrade.

I can see that, but I also think it does have that "transportive" feel - Barcelona! :)

It won't take the place of our favorite (at least I don't think) - Yacht/Beach - but it sure is a great alternative.

It feels like Disney built an "adult' hotel.

maybe I don't have the Barcelona reference to get that "transporative" feel from it

and agree about more of an adult hotel (which I guess makes sense given the presence of conventioners). And hope I don't come off too negative - more "wonderings" than anything. I am glad to see some Disney touches though between some artwork and hidden Mickeys and stuff ... could be the perfect combination of a more "adult" hotel while still be definitely Disney and not just something that could be anywhere

maybe I don't have the Barcelona reference to get that "transporative" feel from it

and agree about more of an adult hotel (which I guess makes sense given the presence of conventioners). And hope I don't come off too negative - more "wonderings" than anything. I am glad to see some Disney touches though between some artwork and hidden Mickeys and stuff ... could be the perfect combination of a more "adult" hotel while still be definitely Disney and not just something that could be anywhere

Not negative at all!

I'm just really excited, we booked it site unseen and now to see it, it just looks so amazing!!!

As rteetz notes, this expansion was built primarily to drive business to the Convention Center at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. As such, they have to appeal to business people that might balk at a in-your-face design that screams Mouse.

Complete speculation, but I bet the team that designed this tower would be pleased by TheMaxRebo's comment that it reminds him of a Las Vegas property. Many professional meeting planners view Las Vegas as one of the top locations for large events/conventions.

This new tower should do wonders for Disney's convention business. Lots of people dislike exterior entry guest rooms. Back when I worked at the Disney Reservations Center, whenever I described the moderate resorts as having exterior entry, the most common response was: You mean like a motel? Having interior corridors to guest rooms and inside hallways to the Convention Center is a massive upgrade.
You don't gotta tell me lol :) I get it just explaining/expanding on PP's comments. I totally understand who the target audience is; the style is also the predominate style these days (which I was discussing in my Vegas comment) :)

The very first thought I had when I saw the photo of the lobby was "cruise ship". It reminds me of a cruise ship. I like it. I think both inside & out it turned out looking more pleasing (to me) than I expected it to from earlier on in its construction. I really didn't get the front of the building until it was complete, and then I liked it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter