• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the DHS fireworks show changing to “Wonderful World of Animation”, any rumor the SW fireworks dessert party will change to reflect the new show? My family already asked me to book it! :rotfl2:
I don't know that it's been officially confirmed if it will be replacing the SW fireworks or Movie Magic yet (or both I guess is a possibility). The SW fireworks could keep going, at least for now.

So the building is based on an artichoke, but they don't even have my favorite dish from my trip to Spain on the menu - grilled artichokes. I didn't see artichokes at all when I just skimmed the menu. :confused3
Where did you see a menu?

Honestly, this doesn’t excite me. What makes the Mickey bars special is that you can only get them at Disney Parks. I know that I can just not buy them in the store. But if they are readily available whenever, why would I buy them (at an exorbitant price) in the park?
You mean like popcorn, bottled water, beer etc....:rolleyes1

I've been looking for just such a thing. Didn't want to do the Frozen one. Thought about renting a boat which like $380. Only 3 people in our party, wife, my son and myself. Son will be 10 at the time of the trip.
Wife will have a drink. I would have a few. I don't think my son will eat enough of what's there.
There is a thread here somewhere that would allow you to combine with another party to rent the boats. Honestly I would look into it. We rented a boat once and it is one of my more memorable experiences

Oh my poor knees. I would be very tempted to do a SW race! What's the absolute maximum time needed to still qualify?

Makes me think there will be no dinner seating availability at R&C anymore without this package.

There is a thread on the boards about sharing Illuminations cruises. We did this with 7 other people from these boards back in 2012 I think. Bummer for us it rained and our boat stayed parked under one of the bridges....so we really didnt see Illuminations very well at all :(
When we did the cruise we watched from underneath, or close to, the bridge. I believe that was standard operating procedure.

You mean like popcorn, bottled water, beer etc....:rolleyes1

Your argument is the opposite of mine - why buy those things in the park when they are readily available elsewhere? It’s not the same. Bottled water and beer aren’t a “Disney” thing; one could maybe argue the popcorn (I never knew it was so good until I tried it!).

Your argument is the opposite of mine - why buy those things in the park when they are readily available elsewhere? It’s not the same. Bottled water and beer aren’t a “Disney” thing; one could maybe argue the popcorn (I never knew it was so good until I tried it!).
I get it. I couldn’t find the sarcasm emoji

Universal News:

Walls have gone up for serious prep work in Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure to move kiosks and games out to make room for the rumored Jurassic Park roller coaster today. You have to love how Universal just up and does things without announcements.

These particular structures will be gone probably before the end of the week, the raptor encounter will likely move very soon and then the coaster will start going up shortly after.

Some Photos at https://twitter.com/OrlParkNews/status/1082752852613832705

Alicia Stella from Theme Park Stop has been talking about this Jurassic Park coaster for quite some time now. She seems to have really good Universal sources and recently she’s been on the money with a lot of rumors. I started following her a few months ago and she’s definitely worth a follow and listen on twitter and YouTube for Universal Rumors.

Universal News:

Walls have gone up for serious prep work in Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure to move kiosks and games out to make room for the rumored Jurassic Park roller coaster today. You have to love how Universal just up and does things without announcements.

These particular structures will be gone probably before the end of the week, the raptor encounter will likely move very soon and then the coaster will start going up shortly after.

Some Photos at https://twitter.com/OrlParkNews/status/1082752852613832705

I’m excited for this, even though I have no idea what kind of coaster this will be. IMO Uni needs these two coasters to really put it back in play for us. (The new HP coaster and this one)

Wow. Maybe it’s just the rendering, but it makes the castle look even smaller than before.

I had a DL AP for a handfulof years. The number one comment I got whenever I’d go with someone for their first time was their surprise at how small Sleeping Beauty’s Castle is...

I remember that about Sleeping Beauty's Castle...it was so much smaller than Cinderella's! I was born and raised on WDW. Used to go every year growing up. As an adult, I had the opportunity to go to DL, and I was shocked by how small it was! I enjoyed it, and some of the rides are better, IMO (cough* Space Mountain* cough), but I was just shocked by the size and how there is no bubble. I want to get back out there, but with SW:GE opening in June, it won't be this year! Plus we are going to WDW, which is going to eat all of my money even with my parents paying for the lodging.

Reported new look for Disneyland’s castle

View attachment 374322

That's a joke, right?

But I actually like that.

There is a thread here somewhere that would allow you to combine with another party to rent the boats. Honestly I would look into it. We rented a boat once and it is one of my more memorable experiences

We got a boat for illuminations before. Loved it!

We even lucked out and got the pirate boat.

I think renting boats for illuminations and wishes is one of the only truly unknown/hidden experiences left at the parks.

If you look at the WDWNT article, the store-bought Mickey Bars have half the fat and 8g less sugar, so I bet they won't taste the same as the real deal. :earboy2:

Disney IT issues hit again! I get to the front of the line to register for DVC Moonlight Magic at the Magic Kingdom this morning, and the page they are redirecting people to register crashes. So, now I'm back at the original screen saying that the line is paused, but keep this page open. I'm also on a 25+ minute hold for DVC Members Services. I'm going to be so mad if this sells out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter