News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fine with me, but it has made me go from portrait to landscape viewing on my phone to more easily navigate. Page numbers and bread crumbs are truncated or don’t show at all in portrait view on my iPhone XR.

One more “upvote” from me! It IS a whole new experience in landscape...although not my preferred way of viewing my phone, I reckon I’ll get used to it!

That would be something. Last note was they were getting updates. Demolishing Soarin seems like a bold move.

The WDWNT report says they would expect Soarin' to stay, just have a separate entrance and not be part of a "pavillion", just a separate attraction

They would have to build some sort of facade building for that. I would imagine that would require downtime for the attraction. Not saying it won’t happen but a complete demolishment just seems unlikely to me. It’s not like innoventions where most of the building is empty.
Wow, it would be crazy to demo both pavilions, but.... they are kinda hopelessly outdated.
I love the seas, but it has to be the darkest, least vibrant large aquarium in the world. And there’s nothing charming or inviting (besides the A/C) to eating at Sunshine Seasons. (Sunshine Seasons should kick Electric Umbrella out of their primo spot)...but don’t kill living with the land!

But on Google Maps, it doesn’t look too difficult to create an entry into Soarin to the right of Figment.

To bulldoze both pavilions seems like a lot. I could see them gutting the interiors and refreshing the exteriors at most but who knows; the scope of what they want to do to Future World is huge so it might not be out of the realm of possibilities.

No matter what though, if Living With The Land is gone I will be outside the park on a soapbox with a picket sign protesting it anyway.

Wow, it would be crazy to demo both pavilions, but.... they are kinda hopelessly outdated.
I love the seas, but it has to be the darkest, least vibrant large aquarium in the world. And there’s nothing charming or inviting (besides the A/C) to eating at Sunshine Seasons. (Sunshine Seasons should kick Electric Umbrella out of their primo spot)...but don’t kill living with the land!

But on Google Maps, it doesn’t look too difficult to create an entry into Soarin to the right of Figment.
I personally love eating at Sunshine Seasons. I agree about the seas being dark, though.

The Seas was a great aquarium at one time, but in the decades since it opened, many local aquariums are bigger,better and way more educational than this pavilion. There isnt even that many animal exhibits in there. The main draw seems to be Turtle Talk and the Bruce the Shark room that kids climb in for the photo op.
It is just dark and dreary in there with a ride that is a glorified moving sidewalk to get in. I dont even count it as a ride. Super short with a few video screens to look at? Talk about budget dark ride.

Tear it down. There is so much more you can do with the Nemo franchise .. just leave Nemo to AK (with its awesome puppet show). Put an aquarium in AK.

They would have to build some sort of facade building for that. I would imagine that would require downtime for the attraction. Not saying it won’t happen but a complete demolishment just seems unlikely to me. It’s not like innoventions where most of the building is empty.
Not to mention innoventions is a fraction of the size/complexity of these two pavilions. I’m highly skeptical on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter