News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live fairly close to this area and its interesting to see its development. One drawback right now is that other than the hotels there is really nothing out there. To get to anything (restaurants, groceries, etc) guests staying out there will either have to go to Disney property or drive to Kissimmee or Winter Garden. Not a significant problem if you have a car, but still something to consider.

What I would like to see in Norway, is not the same artist there every other weekend selling his stuff. I love when they do festivals of the Arts and bring in tons of artists. Now in saying that, I understand Mr Dotson prob lives close to the Parks since he is there every two weeks for 3 days straight, but a little switch out now and then isnt bad. It also takes up alot of space leaving the Frozen ride, in Puffins Roost

My biggest thing is I don't want 4 parks that feel the same - I want each to have it's own identity. But I think IP can still be incorporated in EPCOT and it retain it's own identity. I think we are on the same page when you say "There are ways to do both" and that is what I want as well. Though, I think more than "learning" I see EPCOT about "Discovery and awakening that curiosity in people" and IP can be used to draw people in.

Even with adding Frozen I appreciate that they due replicate traditional Nowegian architecture in the Summerhaus they built for the meet and greet ... and since Frozen came out they have offered Aventures By Disney to Norway and that part of the world, so i think it can stir curiosity (would be ideal if Frozen took place in Norway vs fictional Arrendale, but whatever)

In the end, I think most of us want the same thing - something that still feels like EPCOT and what it was originally created for, but also understand the model it was built with (namely sponsors) doesn't really work anymore and they need to use it to market "Disney" more if, in effect, Disney is the main sponsor now

Ok, probably discussed this enough in this thread - but I think the future of EPCOT is something very important to WDW and something I am very interested in

Agreed.

The link doesn't work.
Hmm sorry.

It seems the source it being removed by the Dis. I thought it was ok to share from this website because I've definitely read plenty of stuff here from the same source. Sorry if thats not the case!

I can understand from Disney’s perspective why they would want to move it to more expensive and more in demand character dining. But I’ll miss it.

You say that now, not having tried the “chicken!” After having a bite you may have felt differently!!

well, it was more as an option for those who don't eat pork (or what they percieve/expect to be pork). For example, my wife doesn't eat pork but will eat chicken sausages (as long as not in a pork casing)

IIRC, Epcot attendance is second only to the MK.

MK 20.9M 2% growth
AK 13.8M 10% growth
EP 12.5M 2% growth
HS 11.3M 5% growth

I can't imagine what HS will hit with Star Wars opening. We'll have to wait 2 years for a full year of growth numbers like we just had with Pandora. I'm willing to bet Epcot will be 4th unless AK drops off a lot.

MK 20.9M 2% growth
AK 13.8M 10% growth
EP 12.5M 2% growth
HS 11.3M 5% growth

I can't imagine what HS will hit with Star Wars opening. We'll have to wait 2 years for a full year of growth numbers like we just had with Pandora. I'm willing to bet Epcot will be 4th unless AK drops off a lot.
Do we think Disneyland will pass Magic Kingdom with Star Wars going in that park? Just curious...

My biggest thing is I don't want 4 parks that feel the same - I want each to have it's own identity. But I think IP can still be incorporated in EPCOT and it retain it's own identity. I think we are on the same page when you say "There are ways to do both" and that is what I want as well. Though, I think more than "learning" I see EPCOT about "Discovery and awakening that curiosity in people" and IP can be used to draw people in.

Even with adding Frozen I appreciate that they due replicate traditional Nowegian architecture in the Summerhaus they built for the meet and greet ... and since Frozen came out they have offered Aventures By Disney to Norway and that part of the world, so i think it can stir curiosity (would be ideal if Frozen took place in Norway vs fictional Arrendale, but whatever)

In the end, I think most of us want the same thing - something that still feels like EPCOT and what it was originally created for, but also understand the model it was built with (namely sponsors) doesn't really work anymore and they need to use it to market "Disney" more if, in effect, Disney is the main sponsor now

Ok, probably discussed this enough in this thread - but I think the future of EPCOT is something very important to WDW and something I am very interested in

I feel guilty continuing this discussion in this thread, so I'll make this my last post.

I agree with this. Epcot can be park of exploration, history and learning about different cultures. You can build pavilions that discuss the Land, the Sea, Space but you can also make it fun. I'm ok with @DarthGallifrey response regarding updating. But I think we need to stop thinking about "What Walt would have wanted in the 1960s" and if you have to include Walt's passions and ethos in your decision making, you (the general you) should probably ask yourself "What would Walt have wanted in 2019?"

Personally, if I had to guess, I don't think Walt would have wanted static displays of old technology. He would have seen how fast ideas, information, news and technology is developing in the last 5-10 years and create a dynamic land that could display information, entertainment and culture in the current age.

If you want to take continue this conversation, @ me in the Land and Seas rumor thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter