News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is probably ridiculous, but I watched several SW:GE review videos today. The cast members bothered me, watching the videos I found the land believable, until the CMs started talking and sounded just like the guests, just like any other American. I know it would've been hard to do, but it may have been nice if they had hired people with accents.

Also I was disappointed in "Rex" at the catina, I was hoping for something like the Mos Eisley band. I only saw Craig's short video of him in the preview, but he seemed pretty annoying in that clip. Craig said later that he was really cool, though.

ETA: Other than those two things I think the land looks amazing and I am now a believer that it can be a big time suck even with only one or two rides.

What are they supposed to sound like?

What kind of accents? Aren't all the movies American accents?
The main actors are, but don't the locals normally have different accents? It just something I thought about when watching the reviews, and since I was doing it at work I was mostly listening so the voices stuck out. As for what kind of accent, I was thinking anything that sounded different that what you hear everyday. Again, I know I'm being ridiculous.

What are they supposed to sound like?

Not saying they are "supposed" to sound like anything, just that I think it would help the immersion if they didn't sound just like every other person in SoCal. Maybe even if some of the CMs like the light saber building people were wearing voice changing masks like Leia in ROTJ (could be half face masks, so they didn't cover their eyes).

Last edited:

Okay, this is probably ridiculous, but I watched several SW:GE review videos today. The cast members bothered me, watching the videos I found the land believable, until the CMs started talking and sounded just like the guests, just like any other American. I know it would've been hard to do, but it may have been nice if they had hired people with accents.

Also I was disappointed in "Rex" at the catina, I was hoping for something like the Mos Eisley band. I only saw Craig's short video of him in the preview, but he seemed pretty annoying in that clip. Craig said later that he was really cool, though.

i guess it would be nice if there was a bit of variety, and maybe there will be over time - but they also have to work with what the workforce in the Orlando area is - unless they make it part of the cultural exchange program like with the EPCOT countries but not sure how it would work.

I also think they have to balance with the people that aren't looking for that immersions - already seen some reports (that parents are complaining when their kids are referred to as "younglings" so if people had thick accents I could see people complaining they can't understand the CMs)

ETA: Other than those two things I think the land looks amazing and I am now a believer that it can be a big time suck even with only one or two rides.
What kind of accents? Aren't all the movies American accents?

some key parts have British accents - Obi-Wan, Rey, etc. ... though interestingly Finn is played by a Brittish actor but the character doesn't keep the accent (so must be an active decision for which characters will have British accents and which ones won't)

some key parts have British accents - Obi-Wan, Rey, etc. ... though interestingly Finn is played by a Brittish actor but the character doesn't keep the accent (so must be an active decision for which characters will have British accents and which ones won't)

Is there a name for Yoda's accent? Muppet-ese? What about Jar Jar's? :)

NEWS

Florida Resident "Get Your Ears On" ticket promotion:

- Florida Residents can purchase a 4-day Get Your Ears On ticket for $55 per day, plus tax (total of $219 plus tax) — or purchase a 3-day ticket for $67 per day, plus tax (total of $199 plus tax).
- Ticket days can be used any 3 or 4 days, depending on ticket purchased, through August 28, 2019—with no blockout dates. Upgrades to the Park Hopper Option and Park Hopper Plus Option are also available. Florida Residents can purchase Get Your Ears On tickets through August 25, 2019.
- Florida Resident Get Your Ears On tickets are valid for admission to any one of the 4 theme parks per day. Tickets and any options purchased must be used by August 28, 2019. Proof of Florida residency is required to purchase.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...9G8yR0wH8471RRSTEKk0qUQgckhUBq2OhfOVMWqeJJhRk

NEWS

- Florida Residents can purchase a 4-day Get Your Ears On ticket for $55 per day, plus tax (total of $219 plus tax) — or purchase a 3-day ticket for $67 per day, plus tax (total of $199 plus tax).
- Ticket days can be used any 3 or 4 days, depending on ticket purchased, through August 28, 2019—with no blockout dates. Upgrades to the Park Hopper Option and Park Hopper Plus Option are also available. Florida Residents can purchase Get Your Ears On tickets through August 25, 2019.
- Florida Resident Get Your Ears On tickets are valid for admission to any one of the 4 theme parks per day. Tickets and any options purchased must be used by August 28, 2019. Proof of Florida residency is required to purchase.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...9G8yR0wH8471RRSTEKk0qUQgckhUBq2OhfOVMWqeJJhRk
I really need to get a Florida fake ID. I just don't know any Floridian high school students who could help me out with finding a source.

NEWS

They are really pulling out all of the stops for this summer.

NEWS

2020 WDW vacation packages can be booked starting on June 18th!!!

(I know a lot of people have been waiting for this

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ges-for-2020-can-be-booked-beginning-june-18/

Yes!!!

I'm thrilled and terrified to find out how much I'll actually be paying.

We booked Boardwalk water view for May 2020 at whatever highest rack rate was for 2019. If the increase is too much, we are prepared to give up the dream of a Boardwalk view and move on over to Yacht Club where the water view seems to be a lot cheaper. Hardship I tell ya....

Maybe we'll break even with the annual increase, but decrease in rack rate for time of year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter