News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person with a plant based diet, I really hate the whole “well here’s your one option...” thing, so I seriously hope it’s a typeo.

Yeah, probably bad word choice from my end to say "don't need both" - more would be a positive and the lunch option (the one now not listed) was getting better reviews and seemed more interesting to me

I know I will probably love a lot of the changes, but my heart sinks reading about all of this ahead of our October trip! That fountain is a signature of EPCOT for me. :sad1:

Not too upset about most of the changes but I told my wife to be prepared for me to take tons of photos and video of the Fountain of Nation's during our trip in August

Last edited:
I know I will probably love a lot of the changes, but my heart sinks reading about all of this ahead of our October trip! That fountain is a signature of EPCOT for me. :sad1:

I'm typically in favor of new and improved, but the fountain will really hit home for our family. My wife loves it. We can't walk by it without stopping to watch for 10 mins. My son would always say "Mom there's your fountain!!" 😢

Man, reading the news of the closures happening in Epcot this September, has me, well, I'm not really sure. On the one hand, I'm sad most of my Epcot nostalgia — Electric Umbrella, Fountain of Nations, etc. — will be gone, but the other hand has me excited and curious at what the future holds for the park that once captured my imagination when I was a child.

All of this change brings me back to one of my favorite Walt Disney quotes: "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious … and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

I've started thinking of construction project as Festival Avenue. I'm not the biggest festival fan, but one thing EPCOT sorely lacks is a Main Street like MK and DHS have. Here's hoping this wonky grey wasteland becomes a vibrant green thoroughfare that is a joy to hang out in.

As a person with a plant based diet, I really hate the whole “well here’s your one option...” thing, so I seriously hope it’s a typeo.
I agree! We love the places that offer more than just one option. Because everyone eating plant-based doesn't like the same things. They may not like Beyond or Impossible products or spicy foods, or whatnot. So if your family wants to try a certain place and you don't like the one option, but you do eat plant-based, it's a bit of a bummer. Having 2 options doubles the chances that people will find something they'd like to try. :)

At least we should be getting our first look in model form of the future of EPCOT at D23 next month. Right? RIGHT?
We don't even really have concept art for anything other than the entrance right now. The future world concept art we saw at the last D23 was blue sky and I doubt everything in that art is still happening.

So confused. Over half the outfits looked like they belong in Aladdin not a jungle festival. The entire thing was about 10 min too long.

I do love their hub with the stages in the middle, it makes it much more fun to watch a show when you're there. We were able to move between them as well. I also LOVED the colored smoke and hope that makes an appearance here. It's so much more fun than fireworks at the end of a show during the day.

We don't even really have concept art for anything other than the entrance right now. The future world concept art we saw at the last D23 was blue sky and I doubt everything in that art is still happening.
I think they mean at D23 they'll have New concept art for Future World.

Yeah,I don't get the outrage here, with maybe the fountain of nations, but even that, we knew they were completely imagining the spine for about two years, and clearly most everything from that area was going to go. I agree the fiber optics in the ground would be missed, but even so there is nothing here that is essential to epcot, and future world is in desperate need of an overhaul. I remember when we used to spend an entire day in future world, and now it's a quick pass to hit Soarin and test track and SSE and we're out. Sure we spend a lot of time in Epcot during food and wine, and again not in future world. I personally can't wait for all this and I hope they do something with imagination as well. I am very excited to see the announcements out of D23.

The worst part of this is it seems like the entrance to Epcot will be a mess for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter