• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

No idea who this is. I searched YouTube and listened to a few clips. She seems to have a great voice! I hope she pulls it off - little mermaid has my favorite music and with Lin Manuel-Miranda and Alan Menkin scoring it, it has incredible potential. Aladdin (the character, not overall movie) fell totally flat for me in the live action, so hopefully she can bring life to this role.

I've got one thing to say in reaction to all the recent Little Mermaid casting announcements:

Wish they could see
I don't want to be
Part of that world

This restored some of my faith for the film. It's great to see Disney willing to start making some creative casting changes, after B&TB, Aladdin, Cinderella and Maleficent kept to actresses that (for better or for worse) looked in the same realm as the animated versions.

Obviously this won't translate to the final version of the film, but I look forward to seeing a somewhat new take on the classic.

Sorry if this was posted but this is actually open now! Took my mom to DLR today on the AP deal. We went to White Water for lunch and noticed this completely open and serving guests. Unfortunately, the food at White Water was very disappointing. We ordered the Margherita pizza and had to get a refund, it was completely inedible. Neither I nor my mom are the type to normally send back food but this called for it. We ordered the nachos instead, as I knew for a fact those were good, and they came out cold and stale. Very weird and kinda a bummer. I’ll try my luck at the Craftsman Bar next time.

I see there being more logistical challenges given all the continuous boat transports and amphicar tours. They did have the drone experience (Intel?) a little while ago, so maybe that would be more practical?

As I understand the FAA rules, commercial drones are not allowed to fly over people. So, any drone show at Disney Springs would require boats and those silly car things to be off the water during the show.

Happy Independence Day!

♫ ♪ ♫ America, you must keep dreaming now
Dreaming the promised vow of your pioneers
America, keep on flying now.
Keep your spirit free.
Facing new frontiers.

America, spread your golden wings ♫ ♪ ♫

View attachment 414165
I can't wait to hear the Voices of Liberty sing that song today! Happy Independence Day everyone!!! :)

This isn't true. A friend just reported to me that Aunt Polly's is open and he just ate there. So, it looks like the seasonal restaurant did open this week until the 7th.
The statement about the closure came directly from Disney. Not even they know if Aunt Polly's is going to be open or not! 😄

As I understand the FAA rules, commercial drones are not allowed to fly over people. So, any drone show at Disney Springs would require boats and those silly car things to be off the water during the show.

The drones, with self-lighting, were flown out for a nighttime show; during the day, I don't see as much value for a drone show. So I think a daytime and nightime fountain show would be more disruptive than a nighttime only drone show.

Did anyone watch the live stream the fireworks? The compression artifacts were pretty bad. Previous ones looked better.

As for Epcot, the current fountain is an abomination compared to how it looked originally. I’m not upset to see it go. Also, I am very glad to be rid of the sticky perdition they call Club Cool. I hope they keep the fiber optics in the pavement though; it always puts a smile on my face. I think the entrance will end up being a vast improvement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter