News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the Space restaurant has a chance of opening by fall since the Japan restaurant opened so quickly. I know it's a totally different beast but I'm hoping it's open by the end of September.
Space restaurant isn’t just a different beast, it’s on a completely different planet compared to the Japan restaurant.

(sorry)

Space restaurant isn’t just a different beast, it’s on a completely different planet compared to the Japan restaurant.

(sorry)
Don't you mean "orbiting a completely different planet"? Unless it actually is supposed to be orbiting Earth. I don't remember if they've specified.

I guess I'm going to learn if I really do dislike sake or if I've just never had good sake!

Until May, I had never had sushi before. I tried the tuna roll at California Grill brunch and I loved it. Since I'm allergic to shellfish that rather limits my sushi options!

The video of the inside of this restaurant really shows the attention to detail (e.g. the elemental wall). The music they are playing in the background would immediately put me into the experience.

It’s been downgraded to 6.9. Same place as where yesterday’s was but closer to the surface.
The intensity, more informative measure of real world implication—magnitude means little of implications, in metro LA is likely to be low because of the region and distance. Thankfully these are taking place outside the urban areas in the desert, though the areas closer to the epicenter likely have moderate damage.

Anyone in Southern California should go to the USGS and report if they felt it and describe that feeling. It’s valuable information for the USGS, also they will have graphics of the data collected later, not sure why they have it down right now. This is how they are able to determine intensity and estimate it for future events immediately after they occur.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/data/dyfi/

Last edited:
I am really sad about the Fountain of Nations closing ... but surprised at the level of outrage and sadness I am seeing about this on social media
A hangnail could prompt high levels of outrage and sadness on social media. ;)

Must admit, that I am REALLY looking forward to all of these changes!! I say about time!! The ONLY thing that I'm not affirmatively HAPPY to see go is the fountain. But I'll live. ;)

Huh. Did they decide to ADD ACTUAL BIRDS to the BIRD show??

That thing is a train wreck. I hope it's a MASSIVE overhaul.

Did they decide to ADD ACTUAL BIRDS to the BIRD show??
There aren’t birds, been birds post UP overlay, which is very minimal from when I experienced, a lot of the same birds and tricks as before from what I recall. Honestly I’m surprised it’s going down for a refurb so soon, but such a short one probably means little change.

There aren’t birds, been birds post UP overlay, which is very minimal from when I experienced, a lot of the same birds and tricks as before from what I recall. Honestly I’m surprised it’s going down for a refurb so soon, but such a short one probably means little change.
The actual birds in the show were reduced a good deal when they introduced this UP! version -- they should go back to the original IMO.

The actual birds in the show were reduced a good deal when they introduced this UP! version -- they should go back to the original IMO.
I thought it was similar trade few audience participation tricks, though been a while since I saw Flights of Wonder. My biggest complaint though has been pre-recorded dialogue has led to a confusing show because there is no improv when the animals well are animals and don’t listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter