• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what’s going on at DHS? Half the park is closed. Indoor things like Lightening McQueens, Muppets, RnR coaster, aliens, TSMM. Also Slinky, but I assume that’s due to the storm that just rolled through.

Anyone know what’s going on at DHS? Half the park is closed. Indoor things like Lightening McQueens, Muppets, RnR coaster, aliens, TSMM. Also Slinky, but I assume that’s due to the storm that just rolled through.

Strong storm just came through. Knocked out power. We were under the shelter in the standby line for TSMM and the lights went out.

Could be a power issue due to the storm?

I'm not sure what's going on but it appears to be across all the parks. Like Carousel of Progress and Haunted Mansion are closed. And Seas with Nemo and Figment are closed.

Does it look like all lines for the gondolas are opening? I thought epcot might be later but they are all listed!

Gotta comment... TESLA? Sponsoring old Gas-burning go carts? I would wildly guess that if it happened, TESLA would demand, or provide, modern electric technology :).
I think that's what everyone is assuming... though I don't personally have faith in this rumor at all, as I said.

I'm very happy to have a preferred room booked at Pop in November! YAY Skyliner!!!
Me too! I have a preferred room booked at Pop the first few nights of my early December trip! Can't wait to try the skyliners out! :mickeyjum

Last edited:
Should've been done years ago. Although, as with everything with Elon, I'll believe it when it happens. Hopefully if they do it they can either get a top off charge while loading/unloading or have truly all day batteries. My local park (which has the worst example of every ride type, but I go to every week) has electric cars and by 7pm the batteries start dying.

If high performance electric go carts can make it until 7pm then the highly speed restricted Indy racers should be able to go all day.

If high performance electric go carts can make it until 7pm then the highly speed restricted Indy racers should be able to go all day.
The cars I was talking about were antique cars that make the speedway cars still seem futuristic. They are just deep cycle lead acid batteries, so shouldn't be that hard to beat, but it shows electric has to be done right.

I was in American Adventure (watching Voices of Liberty) as the storm rolled through. After their show, the lights started flickering. There was at least 2-3+ lightning strikes every 30 seconds for a while around property.

I know Magic Kingdom is having power issues.
Yes definitely the storm. Epcot rides and restaurants were affected. There was a message about “thanks for your patience as we work to get attractions back online” around 6 pm.

I was in American Adventure (watching Voices of Liberty) as the storm rolled through. After their show, the lights started flickering. There was at least 2-3+ lightning strikes every 30 seconds for a while around property.

I know Magic Kingdom is having power issues.

We were just about to get on Mission: Space orange when the lights flickered and the whole thing went down, though the lights stayed in. We got evacuated. The cast member said the building might have been hit by lightning. I'm not sure that was the case, but judging by the number of indoor rides that went down for a good while in the park, they definitely had some kind of power issue.

Never did get to do orange. Still haven't done that one. :/

In other news, Astro Orbiter was down all day Sunday. Apparently, it had been down since Friday, and the rumor birds have said it's another unplanned maintenance issue. I'm curious if it'll be another Primeval Whirl and stay down for a while. I didn't check to see if it was up today.

Free Dining is Back!! Select dates in September, November, and most of December.
I’m shocked! I already have it for my stay beginning 9/28. Interesting that 9/19-11/16 are blocked...now I’m worried my late Sept/early Oct trip will be busier than expected!

NEWS

Free dining details

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
The Disney World Free Dining offer is available to guests ARRIVING most nights from

• September 1 through September 18, 2019
  • November 17 through November 27, 2019
  • December 8 through December 23, 2019
(That means you can extend a free dining stay over CHRISTMAS OR THANKSGIVING, my friends!).

Standard at most Deluxe, Quick Service at Moderate and Value

5 or 4 night stay minimum (Disney said 5, but looks like maybe 4 is enough) and need tickets with hopper or hopper plus

Shocked it included December after RotR opens

B
NEWS

Free dining details

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
The Disney World Free Dining offer is available to guests ARRIVING most nights from

• September 1 through September 18, 2019
  • November 17 through November 27, 2019
  • December 8 through December 23, 2019
There is a new room only discount that popped up this morning - Fall and holiday discounts, up to 20% off room only rates.

Save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in late 2019.
  • Book through September 29, 2019 for stays most nights September 1 through September 28, 2019; and for stays most Sunday through Thursday nights September 29 through November 7, 2019.
  • Book through December 24, 2019 for stays most nights November 10, 2019 through December 24, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter