• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUCH better picture, and... I still have no idea what's what. Any detectives here? I can't even figure out where Nintendo World is (lower right, maybe?).
Looks to me like Nintendo on the left after entering the park. A dualing coaster on the right alongside a river ride, so maybe more Jurassic. And on the top either that’s the classic monster land or fantastic beasts.

That's a mouthful.
I know some people, maybe many people or most people, are going to hate the name. I don't mind it. Lets face it, most people are going to call it Epic Universe. That works really well with Epic being a great word to lead with to invoke what they want, Universe describing the different aspects of the park, and it calls to mind the root name of Universal. I like it. It's more memorable than anything that was, thankfully, avoided for a possible DHS rename. Yes, it's a bit repetitive, but only if it's not truncated. And it's pretty much always going to be truncated.

Anyone notice the large performance space in the back left corner? Could Universal be getting into the concert/special event business? Perhaps a Fantasmic style show?

Last edited:
If only they would do a Harry Potter Hotel! It looks like they have some fountains set up in the back for a bellagio style fountain show. Maybe I missed an announcement, but I'm a little surprised about the dueling coaster. That didn't work out so well last time....

MUCH better picture, and... I still have no idea what's what. Any detectives here? I can't even figure out where Nintendo World is (lower right, maybe?).

I think Nintendo land is the lower/middle left one. I see what looks like mushrooms and pipes and they have the high walls to make your feel like your in that world.

Anyone notice the large performance space in the back right corner? Could Universal be getting into the concert/special event business? Perhaps a Fantasmic style show?
They already do concerts and shows in their current parks.

Maybe I missed an announcement, but I'm a little surprised about the dueling coaster. That didn't work out so well last time....
I saw some rumors about it before, but I’m very happy to see it. Dueling Dragons was a great ride, this one probably won’t have the dueling loops that caused the issue there. This concept art is very promising and I hope this is mostly what gets delivered to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter