• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insiders knew information--general public unlikely.

Right. I'm just saying that EVEN if I was a member of the "general public" (in the sense that I wasn't on these boards...) I think this was a little underwhelming on the details front. They couldn't hype the NUMBER of lands, or the approximate time frame? That's all I'm saying. It's going to have a lot of buzz, but it'd have MORE if they gave the public more.

General public still doesn't get much in terms of details either though.
Yeah I'm not upset about that though oddly enough. Whatever amount of information they were or were not going to release it's still an official announcement that another theme park is being built----that alone is HUGE news to the general public.

Anyone notice the large performance space in the back right corner? Could Universal be getting into the concert/special event business? Perhaps a Fantasmic style show?

I noticed the one up by the Classic Monsters land. I was picturing that being used for something like the Indy show at HS.

I don't like to be a hater. A brand new theme park in Florida for the first time this century is a wonderful thing and if it's truly revolutionary (pardon me for doubting this) than all the better to force Disney to up they're game.

However, even ignoring using the word Universal twice - the name alone "Epic Universe" is pretty terrible. It doesn't really SAY anything about the park. Let's ignore Disney's name but "Universal Studios" tells you it will set up sort of like a film studio, and "Islands of Adventure" says there will be separate themed "islands" that will be full or excitement. What the heck does "Epic Universe" tell me? It's Epic, and it represents the entire Universe? Epic is such a "of the now" word, it just doesn't feel like it will hold up well. (It's like calling a theme park ride "Rise of the..." something ....oh wait.) I'm supposing JK Rowling wouldn't let them call it "Fantastic Worlds" which to me was an infinitely superior title.

I also think it was weird to announce the theme park, but not even announce around when it was opening. (2021? 2023? 3002?) It makes it the type of announcement you see all the time that never comes to fruition - "Coming Soon! New Sears location!" I can see them holding back the IP being too early to confirm these things - but just presenting a vague name with no other information just makes it feel very underwhelming of an announcement.

so if I am looking at it correctly the hotel is in the back of the park? That is different ... I assume a way for hotel guest to get there direcly
Yeah I am sure there is a parking lot behind the hotel. Possibly even more hotels in that area. Similar to how Tokyo DisneySea is building their new in park hotel.

Wouldn't Universal technically consider it to be it's 4th?! 🙄

Universal loves to market the WP that electrocuted people as a "theme park" :rotfl: (pretty Epic!)

That's one thing I noticed with Universal when we were there in May - the word EPIC is everywhere in the parks. EPIC this, EPIC that. Not surprised we now have an "EPIC" park.

so if I am looking at it correctly the hotel is in the back of the park? That is different ... I assume a way for hotel guest to get there direcly

Don't assume the front of the park is the front of the picture. Remember the concept art for Epcot from D23 last time that was looking at Future World from towards World Showcase, with the front of the park at the back of the photo. I would say it's likely similar here - the hotel will be at the front/hub of the park.

I don't like to be a hater. A brand new theme park in Florida for the first time this century is a wonderful thing and if it's truly revolutionary (pardon me for doubting this) than all the better to force Disney to up they're game.

However, even ignoring using the word Universal twice - the name alone "Epic Universe" is pretty terrible. It doesn't really SAY anything about the park. Let's ignore Disney's name but "Universal Studios" tells you it will set up sort of like a film studio, and "Islands of Adventure" says there will be separate themed "islands" that will be full or excitement. What the heck does "Epic Universe" tell me? It's Epic, and it represents the entire Universe? Epic is such a "of the now" word, it just doesn't feel like it will hold up well. (It's like calling a theme park ride "Rise of the..." something ....oh wait.) I'm supposing JK Rowling wouldn't let them call it "Fantastic Worlds" which to me was an infinitely superior title.

I also think it was weird to announce the theme park, but not even announce around when it was opening. (2021? 2023? 3002?) It makes it the type of announcement you see all the time that never comes to fruition - "Coming Soon! New Sears location!" I can see them holding back the IP being too early to confirm these things - but just presenting a vague name with no other information just makes it feel very underwhelming of an announcement.

I am not necessarily a big fan of the name but I think "universe" is being used the same way as "worlds" would be - like the Marvel Cinematic Universe or how WWE calls their fan base the WWE Universe - it is like a definied space/world with specific rules, etc.

So this will be a collection of various universes, each of which is "Epic" so of large scale and amazing. I don't see it as that different than "Islands of Adventure"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter