News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, secret company project. The fans/social media are the ones who hyped this up more than it needed to be.

Social Media definitely got themselves in a frenzy but Disney kicked things off by labeling it as a secret project and then announcing they would pre-announce it

Like, notifying that you will announce something to then be covered later - you are drawing interest and trying to get people excited

I guess I don't understand the anger/annoyance. Outside of Cast Members, the only people that would be interested in this project at hardcore Disney fans. (The general public doesn't care about Joe Rohde or other behind-the-scenes folks.)

Announcing it at a Disney fan convention makes perfect sense to me.

Plus, I don't get why anyone would fault Disney for the way bloggers reacted. Even if Disney disliked the way the announcement was being reported, they couldn't step in to stop the hype. Doing that would have been a huge slap in the face for the series/book creators and all the Cast Members who here interviewed.

Last edited:

I guess I don't understand the anger/annoyance. Outside of Cast Members, the only people that would be interested in this project at hardcore Disney fans. (The general public doesn't care about the Joe Rohde or other behind-the-scenes folks.)

Announcing it at a Disney fan convention makes perfect sense to me.

Plus, I don't get why anyone would fault Disney for the way bloggers reacted. Even if Disney disliked the way the announcement was being reported, they couldn't step in to stop the hype. Doing that would have been a huge slap in the face for the series/book creators and all the Cast Members who here interviewed.

They definitely didn't help things by labeling it as secret then announcing they would announce more before event, etc

That said, the internet community definitely built it up with beyond what Disney indicated it would be

...I have never been less excited about a Disney book announcement. Much Ado About Nothing!
BOOK?!?! I missed that, I thought it was another Disney+ show. Unless this was just done very well, it sounds like a very boring read. I wonder if it'll be coffee table size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter