News Round Up 2020

I'm assuming that the building of the new ships will also be delayed. The build out of the Disney Wish was scheduled to begin this month.
I would imagine that is subject to current rules in place where they are being built. I don't recall which shipyard the new ships are being built at.

I really don't see why the 10-person rule would apply to any business, especially construction. My understanding of these rules is that they are all about events and social gatherings, not business offices or other types of work. If it applies to construction, why wouldn't it also apply to production plants? I mean, I was just reading an article about TP production and how they are already working 24/7 with all machines running full-time. I imagine they have more than 10 people per shift, so wouldn't they also have to shut down? My dh's work office is switching to a 50/50 policy so only half of their employees are working in the office at any one time, but it's still WAY more than 10 people.

I really don't see why the 10-person rule would apply to any business, especially construction. My understanding of these rules is that they are all about events and social gatherings, not business offices or other types of work. If it applies to construction, why wouldn't it also apply to production plants? I mean, I was just reading an article about TP production and how they are already working 24/7 with all machines running full-time. I imagine they have more than 10 people per shift, so wouldn't they also have to shut down? My dh's work office is switching to a 50/50 policy so only half of their employees are working in the office at any one time, but it's still WAY more than 10 people.
It's a recommendation, not a requirement. Not every business will follow the recommendation, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Not trying to be harsh, but I'm having a hard time understanding people's POV right now.

"Parks closed, hope they keep building out my fantasy so I can get into Tron when it opens"

Social distancing is what's going to restore everything we love dear. Let's embrace it.

It's a recommendation, not a requirement. Not every business will follow the recommendation, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

And what about restaurants that are still open for business even if just for take-out, delivery, or drive thru? Many of those kitchens have 10+ people working in them. I'm just saying I really haven't heard government officials tying this idea of limiting gatherings to the workplace other than suggesting people work from home whenever possible. Sorry, I'm really not trying to be argumentative, just trying to help people understand my point. I agree that it's a recommendation, not a "rule" or "law" or whatever, although our governor did just essentially ban any public event or gathering with 10 people or more (religious services included). Again, she did NOT tie that to regular businesses, just public gatherings, health clubs, rec centers, restaurant dining rooms, etc... Nothing was said about construction crews or office environments or anything of that sort.

I'm sure Disney probably just doesn't want to work it out logistically speaking.

That said 2 homes are being built behind my home. Judging by the hammering I've been hearing all day they are making do.

Not trying to be harsh, but I'm having a hard time understanding people's POV right now.

"Parks closed, hope they keep building out my fantasy so I can get into Tron when it opens"

Social distancing is what's going to restore everything we love dear. Let's embrace it.

If Disney wants to stop construction to save money or for whatever reason they want, I really couldn't care less. I mean, sure I'd love it if this gave them a chance to get things done in a more efficient manner, but maybe that's not the way they want to go right now. But most construction workers will NOT get their paychecks if they aren't working, and while I do understand entertainment and travel industry workers having to take it on the chin right now (I hate it that they will suffer through this) I do not understand how construction workers would somehow be any different from any other office and in fact, since a lot of construction takes place outdoors, they might even be better off than most office workers! I'm just confused by the people who are saying the cessation of construction is tied to the 10-person recommendation.

I think with businesses there are additional considerations:
Do the people in the work environment have the ability to maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance between each other?
Do they work in cubicles that isolate them from their desk neighbors?
Does their job require close contact or can they perform their job without a ton of face to face interaction?

Not a comprehensive list but a few reasons why the 10 person recommendation might not need to be as strictly enforced in certain work environments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter