News Round Up 2020

Look at wait times across DHS today...40 minutes for TSM, 80 for SDD, 75 for MFSR, just 35 for TOT and 40 for RNR. It will be interesting to see if MMRR, in addition to being a high capacity ride (based on TouringPlans calculations, it will be likely tied for the highest capacity ride in the park, although I know some sources have different numbers), also has sufficient people eating abilities as to meaningfully lower waits elsewhere.

You would think that it would, given that it's just the 8th ride in the park with a standby line. And adding capacity has a mildly exponential benefit on reducing waits, it's shouldn't be merely a straight "8th ride means 1/7th lower waits".

Could also be that there's just not that many people there today.

Of course nothing is going to help with the crowds we saw President's Day week.

A lot of it is is just added capacity (and capacity at attractions people want ... I mean, Ellen's Energy Adventure could eat people but if no one goes there, does it matter?) .... IF they can get the issues solved with Rise of the Resistance (which, has a pretty high theoretical per hour capacity) and now MMRR on top of Smuggler's Run which has pretty high capacity, that should really help at that park (plus the shows can absorb people)

A lot of it is is just added capacity (and capacity at attractions people want ... I mean, Ellen's Energy Adventure could eat people but if no one goes there, does it matter?) .... IF they can get the issues solved with Rise of the Resistance (which, has a pretty high theoretical per hour capacity) and now MMRR on top of Smuggler's Run which has pretty high capacity, that should really help at that park (plus the shows can absorb people)
Agree -- I mean DHS has 9 rides now (rides where you actually have to wait in a queue -- (well 8 until RotR goes to normal) -- but of those 8 rides, I think 7 of them are still HIGHLY appealing to most guests. Obviously some families aren't interested in the Sunset Boulevard attractions due to height restrictions, but I would say for your average adult guest, all of the attractions except for Alien Swirling Saucers is in the "I want to ride that" category .. especially since a majority of them are only 2 years old.

Epcot, AK, even MK have a lot of "skippable" rides for your average guest (Nemo & Friends, Journey into Imagination, Navi River Journey, Kali River Rapids, Teacups, Astro Orbiter, etc.) DHS is a pretty packed park with a lot of high demand attractions. Crazy at how it is has transformed in just two-three years.

I hope the Signatures at least continue it...I LOVE BREAD!

Devil's advocate though - my husband and kids don't ever eat it, so servers bring out a whole basket for just me (occasionally my little one will take a roll). Maybe they're seeing a lot of waste, esp with people on keto/low carb diets?
I agree I think if it's at the point of bread being wasted it's probably for the best I had surgery and I can't really eat bread before my meals any longer. And if I'm going to waste the calories I would rather waste it on Dessert lol. My kids don't really eat the bread on the table from anywhere unless it's Cheesecake factory. I think you add to that Gluten issues and people on other specialty diets it's probably hard to manage when and where bread is getting eaten.

why it breaks down all the time, why it opens late many days, why it needs extra maintenance every night, etc.

basically, if they can get it running more reliably, then it can actually have rather high per hour capacity ... but as it stands, they are well, well below that on most days

I tend to think they were probably closer to correct on Country Bears than many people want to admit. I think it was at least one of the things being discussed as a possible cut.
We may not ever know for sure, but it's pretty easy to see why they'd put a new show into that theater, even if you disagree that they should.

The problem fundamentally is that when others around the internet (the WDWMagic insiders or Jim Hill or the Micechat folks) hear an option that might possibly happen 5 years from now, they report it as something that might possibly happen 5 years from now, not as breaking news. There's never 1 plan for several years out, only options. Once there is a plan, it's likely to change. Reporting an option as breaking news is irresponsible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter