News Round Up 2020

this one definitely feels like putting out something quick for a popular property and reminding people about it, etc.

Was just thinking the other day that too bad they didn't have one of the Marvel show sready to go to be released around now, would likely get a lot of eyeballs. A lot of the new content now, while some is enjoyable, nothing seems as high quality as the Mandelorian or Imagineering Story
I must admit, I've been enjoying High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and Be Our Chef as well. In UK so not all episodes of anything has come out but liking how HSMTMTS as a mockumentry and that BOC has segments in the parks which is cool as can't get there :)

One idea in my head is that if we can get to the point that testing is widely available, DIsney could re-open and initially only allow on-site guests into the parks. Guest would have to arrive at their resort first and then proceed with COVID-19 testing, and would only be allowed to go to the parks once they were tested negative. (Same with employees of course.) This way Disney restricts the number of guests while at the same time optimizing the money they make from said guests. (all on property guests) They also don't have to be concerned about having too many restrictions in the parks since all guests would be tested. There;s still some amount of risk in that guests could go off-site after checking in and catch the virus, but that likelyhood would be fairly low. Eventually they could expand to off-property guests which would require daily testing to come to the parks.

Disney is in a bind here because there are very few ways for a theme park to truly restrict people from getting near one another.

I was thinking and hopeful about something along those lines too.

Unfortunately we are going to have to dramatically increase the amount of testing available in central Florida for this to happen. Just today the main location at Orange County Convention center increased from 400 daily tests to 750. UCF is doing another 250 or so daily. AdventHealth has been doing an unknown number (but fairly low numbers that I've been able to determine). I've had a heck of a time getting my patients tested when they are actively showing symptoms. We would be talking about thousands of daily tests just for Disney World even under extremely limited openings. We've got a long long way to go here in terms of testing capacity

I was thinking and hopeful about something along those lines too.

Unfortunately we are going to have to dramatically increase the amount of testing available in central Florida for this to happen. Just today the main location at Orange County Convention center increased from 400 daily tests to 750. UCF is doing another 250 or so daily. AdventHealth has been doing an unknown number (but fairly low numbers that I've been able to determine). I've had a heck of a time getting my patients tested when they are actively showing symptoms. We would be talking about thousands of daily tests just for Disney World even under extremely limited openings. We've got a long long way to go here in terms of testing capacity

The same problem exists in New York - at least away from the city. Not enough testing. I guess I am assuming that companies are working to ramp up the testing kits and we will have widespread testing long before we have a vaccine.

To stay more on topic, it seems like only a matter of time until instead of spending $100/month on cable/satellite we are spending $100/month on streaming services.

And while I love DIsney plus I do feel they need to up their original content that is NOT documentary/reality style shows if they are going to eventually takeover the #1 streaming spot. I already know people that picked it up for a short time for Mandalorian and then dropped it. There plan of doing Falcon/Winter Soldier / Mandolorian Season 2 / Wandvision in quick succession should help, but what then.

And while I love DIsney plus I do feel they need to up their original content that is NOT documentary/reality style shows if they are going to eventually takeover the #1 streaming spot. I already know people that picked it up for a short time for Mandalorian and then dropped it. There plan of doing Falcon/Winter Soldier / Mandolorian Season 2 / Wandvision in quick succession should help, but what then.
As discussed above they won't have anything for a bit because they are in a production stoppage. Even those new originals already announced may get delayed because of this. Mando at least got their filming done.

Yeah for a company that should be worried about reopening this wasn’t exactly the move to make...

It's actually not a bad move at all. I'm sure that the amount they are giving in retention bonuses is less than the cost of hiring new executives. It's expensive to hire that level of talent.

It's actually not a bad move at all. I'm sure that the amount they are giving in retention bonuses is less than the cost of hiring new executives. It's expensive to hire that level of talent.
Maybe but from a PR point everyone is bashing them as usual.

Where were the execs going to go? It isn’t like there is a high demand for them right now.

I wonder if they would ever stream viewing parties or even like "mystery science 3000" type set ups with existing movies or shows but with the stars or producers commentating

Like watching Thor Ragnorak with Chris Helmsworth, Jeff Goldblum and Taika Waititi commentating would be awesome and could be done remotely
Yes.

I also want a livestream of “Martin Scorsese watches Marvel”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter