News Round Up 2020

NEWS

Hamilton - live recording of original cast, coming exclusively to Disney+ July 3rd

That is a pretty big get!

View attachment 494337

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3623890560971128&id=1077764972250379

Ridiculously excited for this. The set designer was a couple grades behind me in high school and he and his sister and I all did band, chorus and drama together. I love seeing him so successful! I wonder if it will have the same impact on me on TV that it did live. But I'm excited to have a chance for my kids to see it, without the giant price tag lol

That's a lotta dough!

They got substantially better terms this time than they did in March, probably a reflection of the increased certainty of Disney's continued existence as an ongoing entity.

For example in March they had to offer 4.625% interest for 2040 notes; this time they were able to settle on 3.5%.

(On the flip side last year they were able to get 2049 notes at 2.75%)

From what I understand, the theatrical release was going to be edited for content ... most likely just bleeped. Since this is going to D+ (not Hulu), I'd expect some language editing. Would love to see an unedited version on Hulu though.
I agree that Hulu would be a good fit. But this will definitely drive new users to Disney+! I can’t wait to relive the show. We got to see it twice in Chicago and the soundtrack is a road trip staple!

I follow him on Twitter and he really seems to be a thoughtful, stand-up guy!
sorry, I didn't mean anyone is dumb for not wanting to wear a mask in the parks. But, If the park requires you to wear a mask there are two options. (1) go to the park with the mask or (2) don't go to the park. I wouldn't wear a mask in the heat of the summer, so I won't go to the parks then. If someone. knows they are going to require a mask, and you still go and refuse to wear one...well I stand by my statement.
This! If it's a rule to do something, you better be prepared to do it or don't go. If you don't agree with the rule there are other avenues to express your displeasure.
NEWS

Hamilton - live recording of original cast, coming exclusively to Disney+ July 3rd

That is a pretty big get!

View attachment 494337

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3623890560971128&id=1077764972250379
I loved the production we saw at our theater in 2018. Was supposed to see it this friday but of course, production is postponed. They were trying to reschedule for later but I suspect we won't be seeing it until 2021.
I’m excited for this. I was suppose to see the LA production on June 14. They’ve now suspended all shows in LA through September 6. We exchanged our tickets to the end of October before they made the suspension so hopefully I’ll get to see it on stage again.
Our show was for this friday.

Anybody else see that the RunDisney Marathon weekends all sold out in about 35 minutes? As of now it looks like only the full marathon and the Castaway Cay Challenge are still open. I have to imagine they severely limited the field on those.

That's a lotta dough!

They got substantially better terms this time than they did in March, probably a reflection of the increased certainty of Disney's continued existence as an ongoing entity.

For example in March they had to offer 4.625% interest for 2040 notes; this time they were able to settle on 3.5%.

That rate means this money isn't going to retire old debt. This is all to cover continuing operations. They are burning through some cash right now.

For those of you who maybe weren’t pumped to see Hamilton, I would like to suggest listening to the soundtrack (with lyrics if you can) just once or twice beforehand. Or, just familiarizing yourself with Hamilton’s life story. The lyrics are so fast and there’s a lot of action on stage, I think it’s easy to miss some of the “details” of his story. I know I was really glad that I did so prior to seeing it in person.

As for kid-friendliness, he wasn’t a perfect man and the show addresses head-on his infidelity. So again, previewing prior to letting your kids watch it is advised. As I consider this, I agree, it would have been better suited for Hulu.
ETA: If this show we’re to get a movie audience rating, even the more family-friendly version, I think, would be PG-13.

For those of you who maybe weren’t pumped to see Hamilton, I would like to suggest listening to the soundtrack (with lyrics if you can) just once or twice beforehand. Or, just familiarizing yourself with Hamilton’s life story. The lyrics are so fast and there’s a lot of action on stage, I think it’s easy to miss some of the “details” of his story. I know I was really glad that I did so prior to seeing it in person.

As for kid-friendliness, he wasn’t a perfect man and the show addresses head-on his infidelity. So again, previewing prior to letting your kids watch it is advised. As I consider this, I agree, it would have been better suited for Hulu.
ETA: If this show we’re to get a movie audience rating, even the more family-friendly version, I think, would be PG-13.
Right, that’s a major plot point and I really hope they don’t edit it to death.

That's a lotta dough!

back in March/early April credit markets were a lot tighter too as people worried about liquidity and the charge for said liquidity was higher. Now, things aren't great, but there is a little less long term concern.

Not saying the view of Disney hasn't improved some as well but I think just the market in general is a larger part of this

back in March/early April credit markets were a lot tighter too as people worried about liquidity and the charge for said liquidity was higher. Now, things aren't great, but there is a little less long term concern.

Not saying the view of Disney hasn't improved some as well but I think just the market in general is a larger part of this
Agreed.

Anybody else see that the RunDisney Marathon weekends all sold out in about 35 minutes? As of now it looks like only the full marathon and the Castaway Cay Challenge are still open. I have to imagine they severely limited the field on those.
I was tempted to jump in but I can't commit. I'm guessing it's a really limited field, can open it up further if things are looking good.

Is that typical? I'd never considered one until recently but 1/2 is as much as I want to do. When is registration typically announced for the next year?

Is that typical? I'd never considered one until recently but 1/2 is as much as I want to do. When is registration typically announced for the next year?
It sold out much faster this year. The going theory is that they didn’t release as many bibs as they normally do for each of the races.

Marathon also now sold out. Everything sold out in about an hour. They without a doubt limited the field.

It sold out much faster this year. The going theory is that they didn’t release as many bibs as they normally do for each of the races.

Maybe they'll add more. That is a looong way off. Who knows, the second wave might be so minimal that by January we are almost back to normal. Best to er on the side of caution. Better to add later than to have to cancel on people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter