• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

More details of resort reopening dates....all of course subject to change: https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/06/21/walt-disney-world-resort-hotel-reopening-dates-announced/
So .. as suspected .. not all the hotels will be open for a while. Good to have a list and some opening dates. But who knows what availability (if any) these resorts will have when they re-open.

Sorta wish I had a reservation for one of these closed hotels to see what Disney would move me to. Unfortunately, my reservation was for last week and was cancelled.

Are people who keep their reservations at closed hotels just getting bumped to a similar value hotel? Like if you had All-Stars for July . you'd just get bumped to Pop Century?

I swear Disneys website is as bad as ever, for a company that relies so heavily on customer interaction, you think they would have made sure to increase the capacity on there servers before a new reservation system launch, but nope still the same old, easily overwhelmed mess we are all used to.
Yes. It was 100% obvious this would be a disaster and it is.

You have people in your company who just launched a new streaming video service in like 70 different countries capable of handling the data of millions of live videos streaming simultaneously.

Fix it.

So .. as suspected .. not all the hotels will be open for a while. Good to have a list and some opening dates. But who knows what availability (if any) these resorts will have when they re-open.

Sorta wish I had a reservation for one of these closed hotels to see what Disney would move me to. Unfortunately, my reservation was for last week and was cancelled.

Are people who keep their reservations at closed hotels just getting bumped to a similar value hotel? Like if you had All-Stars for July . you'd just get bumped to Pop Century?
No they’re not just moving people to new resorts. You need to contact Disney if you’re in an affected resort to modify and you’ll be charged the difference to move to an open resort. If you don’t proactively contact Disney, and you’re staying in a closed resort, you’re reservation will be cancelled 7 days prior to your arrival date.

PS we haven’t even gotten to the parts where
  1. some people can get in and others can’t
  2. people can’t book anything even though on paper it should work
  3. only Epcot is left for an entire week,
  4. nothing’s left and people have to cancel trips.
Today is going to be a depressing day here, hope everyone has their support hats on.

Last edited:

My biggest issue right now is I cant even get through to the sign in page. My phone can but it doesnt seem that making park reservations is even a option on the app. Ehh it will be what it will be, Luckily Im not supposed to arrive until the end of September. Which I hope means there will be less locals with resort reservations, trying to sign in and pick there days.

My biggest issue right now is I cant even get through to the sign in page. My phone can but it doesnt seem that making park reservations is even a option on the app. Ehh it will be what it will be, Luckily Im not supposed to arrive until the end of September. Which I hope means there will be less locals with resort reservations, trying to sign in and pick there days.
It’s not live yet so we aren’t missing anything.

It’s not live yet so we aren’t missing anything.

Oh i know, I just wanted my profile cached and auto logged in to make it less of a hassle, even though there is a good chance that the system when it goes live with require everyone to log back in anyway, it all really depends on how the Disney Contractors set the new feature up and its integration with the over all Disney Account system. I was hoping it would just be a page refresh and "Bobs your uncle" look you can make park reservations aka Digital rope drop.

PS we haven’t even gotten to the parts where
  1. some people can get in and others can’t
  2. people can’t book anything even though on paper it should work
  3. only Epcot is left for an entire week,
  4. nothing’s left and people have to cancel trips.
Today is going to be a depressing day here, hope everyone has their support hats on.
We seem to simultaneously be in phases 1, 2, and 4.

TIP: Go to book a dining reservation - log yourself in that way, and then skip the rest of the dining reservation. Reload then the park reservation system... it should recognize you as logged in and allow you to make reservations. That did the trick for me, at least... the problem was not being recognized as logged in.

TIP: Go to book a dining reservation - log yourself in that way, and then skip the rest of the dining reservation. Reload then the park reservation system... it should recognize you as logged in and allow you to make reservations. That did the trick for me, at least... the problem was not being recognized as logged in.
I actually went in and booked an ADR for a night I was contemplating booking anyway at DS. After that was reserved, I went to My Plans and it took me right to reserve the park days! It was SUPER easy once I got in.

I asked this in another thread but I didn’t get an answer. Does anyone here know possibly?

We had a trip planned for June 2020 but moved it back in May to June 2021. I went online for the reservation of the parks, got through and discovered the tickets were not there, so I can’t reserve today. I thought they transferred my whole package to next year but there are no tickets. Does that mean I have to order tickets on June 28, at 7am? Can I just add them to my package without paying for the whole thing? I’m so bummed that the tickets didn’t transfer when I modified. I can get to the reservation page but because I don’t have tickets with my package I can’t reserve a day. Is there another time I can add tickets to the package? Sorry I’m usually with it but apparently not today lol

I asked this in another thread but I didn’t get an answer. Does anyone here know possibly?

We had a trip planned for June 2020 but moved it back in May to June 2021. I went online for the reservation of the parks, got through and discovered the tickets were not there, so I can’t reserve today. I thought they transferred my whole package to next year but there are no tickets. Does that mean I have to order tickets on June 28, at 7am? Can I just add them to my package without paying for the whole thing? I’m so bummed that the tickets didn’t transfer when I modified. I can get to the reservation page but because I don’t have tickets with my package I can’t reserve a day. Is there another time I can add tickets to the package? Sorry I’m usually with it but apparently not today lol

I've had my tickets disappear, resort reservations disappear and then reappear. If you're logged in, I'd keep trying. It's all a giant mess right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter