• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

There is no way they would do this. They are better off just "filling in the gaps" like they are with the Mandalorian. The sequel trilogy is far from perfect, but it can easily be made better and "enhanced" like the prequel trilogy was by some good books, games or a superb show (like Clone Wars) --- Star Wars Resistance was NOT it.

I enjoy Galaxy's Edge being part of the sequel trilogy. I like the sleek Stormtrooper look and Kylo ren walking around is very intimidating.

They shoe-horned themselves with Galaxy's Edge into a weird time period that was outdated months after it opened .. but no different than if it was part of the Empire times. I mean .. if Galaxy's Edge was on Tatooine and Stormtroopers and Darth Vader were running around... we KNOW they get defeated (just like Kylo and Stormtroopers). Same with the First Order.

But that doesn't mean they can't expand on that world a bit more to make it more rich.

yeah, I have been enjoyhing some of the books that take place right after Episode VI (like Alphabet Squadron, etc.) - so they start to fill in some gaps and even have bits in there explaining when much of the galaxy isn't aware of how signficant the Jedi were in the past, etc. - so that helps. Also just an interesting time as they cover how the Rebelion was put together to fight, it wasn't structured to win, or to operate after they won, and how it is sort of a messy time

Part of me wishes the later 3 movies were either set in this period (so right after VI) or way, way later so it made more sense that a "new empire" would emerge

Those had previous agreements with Netflix. Films are going to cycle. Films will leave Disney+ and go back to Netflix eventually as well.
Figured as much .. as much as I'd like to have an archive of Disney content, I know it's not realistic (at least at the price of Disney+). I don't think the 2009 version of Incredible Hulk is available anywhere for streaming. And not really worth a rental price for a rewatch.

yeah, I have been enjoyhing some of the books that take place right after Episode VI (like Alphabet Squadron, etc.) - so they start to fill in some gaps and even have bits in there explaining when much of the galaxy isn't aware of how signficant the Jedi were in the past, etc. - so that helps. Also just an interesting time as they cover how the Rebelion was put together to fight, it wasn't structured to win, or to operate after they won, and how it is sort of a messy time

Part of me wishes the later 3 movies were either set in this period (so right after VI) or way, way later so it made more sense that a "new empire" would emerge
Ya, the timing of the sequel trilogy was a bit quick. they pretty much had to do something based on the real age of the original actors.

But .. Lucasfilm spent a lot of books/comics and game stories (like Battlefront 2) on the "post Empire" timeline (mainly because they wiped that slate clean when Disney acquired them). It is a fun time period for sure. (as the Mandolorian shows).

I like how Galaxy's Edge is "frozen" in time. Any "land" built on a STORY will be hard to no be frozen in a specific period of its time. I just think Disney needs to do a better job at telling the "story" of Galaxy's Edge to the casual Star Wars fan - rather than relying on the books, comic books, cartoons, etc. The land needs a stage-show (or two) to develop the story of the main characters there more. Or A Black Spire Outpost based show or movie (using the Mandalorian's filming technology) would be pretty fun.

They should have done that before the sequels and retconed the prequels.

I'm sure that Disney will scrap this right before it begins to really gain steam and just end up remaking the original trilogy with Just Bieber reprising Han Solo and Keanu Reeves as ObiWan.

Don't @Me.

Trash your body at McD’s, but save the environment. I see it.
The whole design is pretty silly. But, that's the spot we all can agree to stop at for breakfast when heading out to the parks. Before the remodel, they were very efficient getting orders out. Hoping they continue to be so. Wonder why they didn't put the exercise bikes under the awning like the other tables? Not thinking I'd want to sit anywhere outside in the afternoon in Florida...

They should have done that before the sequels and retconed the prequels.

I'm sure that Disney will scrap this right before it begins to really gain steam and just end up remaking the original trilogy with Just Bieber reprising Han Solo and Keanu Reeves as ObiWan.

Don't @Me.
I hope that I've passed on to the neatherworld of the force before that occurs!!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter