• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Has anyone seen if they are handing out AP magnets at Epcot and which magnet it is? I was really hoping for the Orange bird and I’m not holding my breath that that’s the one we’ll get in the mail.
No, someone posted a Thursday that they went by Mousegears and asked and there was no magnet distribution at this time.

I swear I read somewhere about a rumor that Disney was mailing out their stash of magnets to APs. can't find it though so I guess I just dreamt it. :confused3

I swear I read somewhere about a rumor that Disney was mailing out their stash of magnets to APs. can't find it though so I guess I just dreamt it. :confused3
I think that was just wishful thinking here. I know I had posted that it would be a nice gesture, but the mailing costs would be pretty exorbitant. Hope it happens though!

They said they would be mailing am "exclusive" magnet as a way of saying thank you - but I don't think they will be sending the regular magnets that will be given out in the parks

https://allears.net/2020/06/19/disn...olders-an-exclusive-magnet-later-this-summer/
I have noticed though that the festival magnets have been getting smaller and smaller. We have them all on our fridge and older ones like the Daisy Duck from a couple years ago is a good inch or 2 larger than the Donald we got at the very beginning of F&G this year. They seemed to get smaller at Christmas with the chipmunk set and they’ve now kept them that size as the Arts festival magnet was small too.

I liked Guano Joe. This must be my time to point out things in Disney parks that I enjoyed and apparently no one else did.

Saw it on Tuesday. We hadn’t sent any of the UP incarnations. We thought it was better than before UP with Guano Joe. He was funny, but the schtick got old after awhile.

Has anyone seen if they are handing out AP magnets at Epcot and which magnet it is? I was really hoping for the Orange bird and I’m not holding my breath that that’s the one we’ll get in the mail.

Didn’t see anything like that on Thursday. The usual distribution spot is gone. I’ll look again tomorrow but don’t think they will be. A lot of stuff is closed, so I don’t expect special things like that.

I assume Disney has slashed its ad spending everywhere. I can’t read the article because of the paywall but with no movies, parks, or live sports to advertise, they’re left with basically some ABC shows, Disney+, and a little cable programming to plug. That doesn’t exactly require substantial spending.
The WSJ article was picked up by MSN. Here's the link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...mid-growing-boycott/ar-BB16Uo1S?ocid=msedgdhp
No paywall.

No AP magnets at Epcot. Also, many of the booths say opening this fall. The app lists which ones are actually open now. The menus released are for all of them, even unopened ones.

Florida residents save up to 35% at WDW resorts this Sept.

They were speculating on the DisUnplugged podcast last week that Disney may even offer discounts to other SE states for the fall if they feel the need to boost their resort numbers. Has Disney ever done that? Offer discounts to non-Florida states? I wonder just how many cancellations they have gotten for the rest of 2020 .. and what those capacity levels would have to be at for them to offer something like that now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter