News Round Up 2020

It's kind of a mess and I'm not sure how it gets resolved, but going to a movie theater right now, like going to a theme park, is very, very low on my list of things to do.

It's even lower because most people feel they can get at least a similar experience at home. The problem is many of these movies need to make $500 million worldwide just to break even. The risk of opening a movie and having it tank because people won't come to see it is too great. This is why the studios are afraid to be the first to release a movie.

I’m either too old or too young to get that reference.

Chinese Democracy is the album fans thought they would never hear, by the band and mercurial singer we thought we'd never see again. Axl Rose and Guns and Roses waited 15 years to release an album that took 17 years to write. At one point it became an April Fool's Day hoax for Spin Magazine. The final tab was over $13 million or $928,571 per song. They were the biggest band in Rock and Roll in the early 90's but by the time the album came out, they were nothing more than a shell of themselves. The time between aged the band and their relevancy no matter how much was spent to make it. There are a lot of similarities between Axl Rose and James Cameron when it comes to creating their art.

honestly disney moving back unannounced star wars movies when the last one was a failure is typical disney arrogance

Chinese Democracy is the album fans thought they would never hear, by the band and mercurial singer we thought we'd never see again. Axl Rose and Guns and Roses waited 15 years to release an album that took 17 years to write. At one point it became an April Fool's Day hoax for Spin Magazine. The final tab was over $13 million or $928,571 per song. They were the biggest band in Rock and Roll in the early 90's but by the time the album came out, they were nothing more than a shell of themselves. The time between aged the band and their relevancy no matter how much was spent to make it. There are a lot of similarities between Axl Rose and James Cameron when it comes to creating their art.

Never count out Cameron though ... Many times his film track as over-budgeted train wrecks in the production stage yet almost always turn to blockbuster gold. I'd probably compare Avatar to Tool's 'Fear Inoculum' which took 13 years to make but still ended up being a critical and fan hit.

The article mentioned that they're still pushing for a 'New Mutants' theatrical release?? I still don't know why they just haven't pushed that to Hulu by now

Honestly, if you're going overnight, there's not going to be a lot open other than the rest areas and some of the 24 hours gas places. I'd pack food and drink with your timing. Less need to stop places other than you needing a bathroom break. I can't state enough how different the "Disney-bubble" was from the drive. Drive-thrus are your friend if you can find any of those. There were a few stops where we'd do a drive-thru right near a rest area. Get the food, get to the rest area, go to one of the tables.
To add to the drive-thru suggestion- as you get down south and hit more Chick-fil-A restaurants the app is very useful. You can look up the closest restaurant, choose curbside, upload your order (which saves for your future visits), use paypal to pay, and then when you get to the restaurant and pull into a curbside spot the app knows and will ask for the space number. You avoid the crazy long CFA lines, the person who brings the food is masked and gloved, and you have to take your food of the tray to avoid contact. It's been very useful during COVID. Helps that we prefer CFA to other fast food.

To add to the drive-thru suggestion- as you get down south and hit more Chick-fil-A restaurants the app is very useful. You can look up the closest restaurant, choose curbside, upload your order (which saves for your future visits), use paypal to pay, and then when you get to the restaurant and pull into a curbside spot the app knows and will ask for the space number. You avoid the crazy long CFA lines, the person who brings the food is masked and gloved, and you have to take your food of the tray to avoid contact. It's been very useful during COVID. Helps that we prefer CFA to other fast food.
Yeah, I'll second this. We did this 2 or 3 times. And the Drive-thru lines are terrible right now. This was one of those, grabbed the food, drove to a rest stop 5-8 miles away meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter