• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Many parks have already suggested they may not survive. Others have said next summer may be their end if things don’t return. It’d be great for a few chains to be watching and saving places. The US has less parks now than at any point in the last 120 years.
Between the virus and the changing "entertainment" landscape in the country/world, who knows what those giant corporate-owned theme parks will look like.

Maybe things go back to being smaller and local as a lot of people may just not be comfortable (for years) going into large public places. Smaller, local concerts instead of the big stadium concerts, small, boutique movie theaters instead of the giant 20-screen megaplexes .. more interest in minor league or college sports teams instead of packinging inside with 10s of thousands of people.

Even if a lot of these places WERE open and had no restrictions, their attendance probably would be WAY lower than normal.

Between the virus and the changing "entertainment" landscape in the country/world, who knows what those giant corporate-owned theme parks will look like.

Maybe things go back to being smaller and local as a lot of people may just not be comfortable (for years) going into large public places. Smaller, local concerts instead of the big stadium concerts, small, boutique movie theaters instead of the giant 20-screen megaplexes .. more interest in minor league or college sports teams instead of packinging inside with 10s of thousands of people.

Even if a lot of these places WERE open and had no restrictions, their attendance probably would be WAY lower than normal.
I’ve been to many parks this summer. All of them have been pretty much empty except for Dollywood. That’s including the ones that had essentially no Covid precautions in place. The saving grace for the larger ones is their ability to get large amounts of capital to sustain this period. The smaller ones may struggle there. Who knows what the industry will look like next summer.

I think once we have a vaccine and people get it - the collective mind of the people of the USA will put Covid on the back burner (as we do everything else) and go straight back to huge stadium events, theme parks, concerts, etc.
Our parks, basketball courts, soccer fields are full now with people wearing masks.

Those that can afford to at least.

No comments on Jared Leto and Tron: Ares?

You guys/gals are slipping.

I gave the 'Love' emoji when rteetz posted the headline ...

This may be the 'hail-mary' that TRON needs. Not a lot of info, but both Leto and Garth Davis seem to be big believers in the franchise. I'm fine with a sequel or a reboot that still references the original work. At this point, Disney playing it safe may not be enough to save the franchise. I think we'll need something pretty unique with a really solid story to keep things going. As much as I love Tron, the films have always been style over substance ...

Wow! Yesterday was a crazy weather day.

We had a tornado touchdown in Rogers Park here in Chicago last night!!! I live close to there, very scary!
I was hiding under my bed with a glass of wine and the cat during that storm and Micky was cleaning the fish-tanks! :rotfl:
We live in the St. Louis metro. We had some really intense straight line winds. We had a strip of siding blown off the house and a patio table blown into the pool. There were several large tree limbs down in the neighborhood. Luckily we only lost power for less than a minute, but 20,000 homes are still now without power. One woman lost her life when a tree fell on her. So while what we had happen is frustrating, I feel lucky.

I think once we have a vaccine and people get it - the collective mind of the people of the USA will put Covid on the back burner (as we do everything else) and go straight back to huge stadium events, theme parks, concerts, etc.
Our parks, basketball courts, soccer fields are full now with people wearing masks.

Those that can afford to at least.
I listened to a Podcast very earlier in this whole thing, where the guest had written a recent book on the Spanish Flu. He talked a lot about how once it was over, there was basically no references to it. People just moved on and didn't want to think about it. While World War I was talked about frequently. IIRC, this pattern repeated with other diseases throughout history. He said that it was clear that people are much more interested in what people do to people as opposed to what nature does to people.

I listened to a Podcast very earlier in this whole thing, where the guest had written a recent book on the Spanish Flu. He talked a lot about how once it was over, there was basically no references to it. People just moved on and didn't want to think about it. While World War I was talked about frequently. IIRC, this pattern repeated with other diseases throughout history. He said that it was clear that people are much more interested in what people do to people as opposed to what nature does to people.

Thats interesting. And I believe that. We are accepting of nature, but we can question humanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter