News Round Up 2020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

...surprise here. Never any doubt that they would not open. Bars are still prohibited in Florida I believe. Jellyrolls makes there money of the door and tips for the staff, and even if they opened with 50% capacity it's unlikely it would be financially viable. Disappointing but not surprising.

Bars with a food license can open. Lots of bars have obtained a food license for this purpose. Doesn’t mean they need a kitchen. Just any type of food. Been in the newspaper a few times.

Most major airlines are not cramming in hundreds of people at least right now. Changes in procedures have shown to be really good in keeping air travelers safe.

As for tickets that’s always going to be a last resort. They draw you with the resort discount. Tickets are their bread and butter. They don’t want to mess with that.
American Airlines is. 4 trips in the last month. All packed. 😡

I know this is getting a little off topic, but there has been a ticket discount before...sort of. In March 2009 we took our second family trip to WDW and tickets were buy 4 days get up to 3 days free. And resorts as well were stay 4 nights get up to 3 nights free. We had been planning to stay at Coronado, but because of that deal we could afford to stay at WL instead.
We received the same deal in February 2005. Oh the good ole days.

I know my flight on Southwest couldn't have been better.

No middle seating, 100% mask compliance, constant reminders, safe boarding procedures. I know they aren't making as much money but I do like the new changes.
If you have 3 people in your group can you use the middle seat on Southwest for your child?

Has anyone heard anything on the Disney Character Warehouse and when it might reopen?

Welp an update to my post:

“Based upon guest feedback, we found that many guests prefer a more traditional buffet experience over the served all-you-can-eat format. We will continue to assess the situation and will make a determination on reopening at the appropriate time.”

It will close in a few days and then the reopening date is undetermined at this time. Soooo now I'm really intrigued at how Disney's experience goes and if there's just a difference in how they will be doing it or if it's just different clients. Disney already has the AYCTE as well as the buffets and both seem to work pre-COVID.
One of the local buffet restaurants near me has it where you go up to the buffet like normal, but an employee is behind the counter and will put whatever you want on your plate for you. It seems to work ok there. Though I guess Disney could just do like they are doing at Chef Mickey's right now and just make them all AYCTE for now.

If you haven’t had a chance to check out the DIS/Give Kids the World charity auction, please do. Of course it has a bunch of great Disney items, but there is so much more you can bid on. There are items from Looney Tunes, Harry Potter, Rocky, Die Hard, etc.

So if you get a chance, place a bid on an item. There are some great deals right now and the money goes to a great cause. Here is the link,

https://events.handbid.com/auctions/dis-unplugged-12-hour-labor-day-marathon-auction/items

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter