• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Hmm i wonder if they are still going to sell the Halloween Trader Sams Mugs this year, I assume they would have already had these in production prior to CoVid with the amount of time it takes to get things made normally you would start the process a year in advance and with everything thats been up in the air and undecided I wouldn't have been surprised if Disney still paid to have them made. If so the question will be if they will just be held back till next year when Trader Sams is open or if they will find some other way to disburse them? Not sure but I am curious anyway

They started at no limit, then to 15, then to 5 and now apparently at 2. I am not quite sure why they don't just automatically start at say 5 and adjust if needed from there.

Me neither. I guess maybe they want to make sure it sells, and they actually like/don't mind the ebay sellers? I know that pictures on social media of people with bags full of merch always gather attention, thereby perhaps making other people want that merch as well.

Maybe it's all a carefully orchestrated PR game.

Or they just have no idea what they're doing.

Me neither. I guess maybe they want to make sure it sells, and they actually like/don't mind the ebay sellers? I know that pictures on social media of people with bags full of merch always gather attention, thereby perhaps making other people want that merch as well.

Maybe it's all a carefully orchestrated PR game.

Or they just have no idea what they're doing.
D. All the above

I am sure we will see the same heavy/broad discounts for early 2021 that we are seeing now ... considering that January/February is usually a slow time to begin with and probably no marathon to draw crowds. I mean, nothing is going to magically change from December to January unless Disney decides they want to lift all restrictions starting January 1.

They just won't push those discounts out for another few months yet I would guess in order to better encourage guests to come sooner rather than later.

Let's hope. I would love to get my rate on a cabin down in June. What I am really hoping for is a ticket deal, though.

Let's hope. I would love to get my rate on a cabin down in June. What I am really hoping for is a ticket deal, though.
Like has been discussed here -- most people are doubtful that Disney will offer a ticket deal, though I personally feel that is what they need to do when they REALLY want to start drawing non-locals back (especially if restrictions/reductions are still heavily in place). It's not unprecedented and they've been offering a great discount to Florida residents. They could just offer another 4 parks/4 days ticket bundle like they did a few years ago. Anything really to drop the price to under $100/day/person.

Either between APs or ticket discounts, some people (like myself . .and you) feel a discounted ticket is "needed" to give us a better value for our dollar when the offerings are reduced.

On the flip side -- if Disney doesn't raise ticket prices next year .. I guess that IS a discount in a way. :) ... since they've raised prices ever year for the past X years.

Not to drag this any further from NEWS that we already have .... LOL... a ticket discount wouldn't do some of us any good - if we have APs, or have already purchased dated tickets, either from WDW or from third party, we need to use those and have room only or free dining as incentives. I've booked and rebooked 4 trips now, starting last April, and right now, hoping that the current booking for next April holds. It would really be nice if there was a bit of Pixie Dust offered that would offset some of the closing/limits/etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter