News Round Up 2020

That's great! And just buying a new one is a insane deal! I don't even live near a Six Flags park and some of those prices almost make it worth it to buy them for the few times a year I drive to WI to visit family just to take the kids to Great America for a day! $59.99 for an entire year (with free parking)? Wow! I probably paid more for a season pass back in the early 2000s than that price!

Still shocked that Disney stopped selling APs. I still wonder if they longer this goes on, the more they may feel they need to open them back up to start "locking in" people for the next year (even with the lack of hopping, and the reservation system limits).
Yeah, it is a great value. Go twice and it pays for . itself. You can get a pass to some Six Flags for just $50, with all the same perks. I used to pay that much separately to my little home amusement park and water park back in the 90s.

Well, so much for the Disney Bubble - apparently masks are also no longer required per Governor's executive order. If Disney decides to follow this, as well as increasing capacity, it will mean no trips for me for the next several months.... :sad1:
I don't see Disney doing this, they have to be careful with how much they roll back on the mandates and restrictions because too much roll back means they are going to have lots of canceled bookings. There are also restrictions in place by local governments and I know that the two counties Disney falls within have their own masks mandates in place.

I don't see Disney doing this, they have to be careful with how much they roll back on the mandates and restrictions because too much roll back means they are going to have lots of canceled bookings. There are also restrictions in place by local governments and I know that the two counties Disney falls within have their own masks mandates in place.
Not only that they need to continue to look good for eventual CA approval. Disney also doesn’t want negative press. Optics of a safe travel destination are huge to them Right now.

I hope you folks are all right. After 3 canceled trips, I really do NEED to go next April, but unless there are still substantial health safety restrictions in place, I'm not sure it will be in the cards.

I hope you folks are all right. After 3 canceled trips, I really do NEED to go next April, but unless there are still substantial health safety restrictions in place, I'm not sure it will be in the cards.

I wouldn't really worry about April.

Things could start to look a LOT different starting early next year...

April, for better or worse, is probably the EARLIEST that things would go back to normal ... so we'll see.

That, of course, depends what "normal" you are looking for .... everyone is different what is currently missing from WDW right now. Some just want firework backs, other want M&Gs, others just want more hours.

I'd suspect we get back things in phases .. slowly .. rather than a "grand re-reopening" date (even though that would be exciting). And some things may not come back for years just due to trying to save costs.

April, for better or worse, is probably the EARLIEST that things would go back to normal ... so we'll see.

That, of course, depends what "normal" you are looking for .... everyone is different what is currently missing from WDW right now. Some just want firework backs, other want M&Gs, others just want more hours.

I'd suspect we get back things in phases .. slowly .. rather than a "grand re-reopening" date (even though that would be exciting). And some things may not come back for years just due to trying to save costs.

I don't know, I think March could see changes.

Just out of curiosity, why would that be?

Wow, that’s...interesting...

Good signs pointing to vaccinations starting around then. Better treatments already happening.

I think 2021 will start seeing things improve, slowly but surely. You don't have to agree with me. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter