News Round Up 2020

This is really a shame.

Yeah - not going to get into if right decision or any other

It sucks, no way they *wanted* to have to do this and just feel for everyone impacted. Hopefully they get some sort of severance (including at health coverage for a bit at least) and at least now aren't in limbo and know they have to look elsewhere for employment

Well. When a government doesn’t let a business open (despite safely doing so in another state) after 6 months this is no surprise.
I don't even know where to start here, there is so much flawed logic and/or the basis of a clearly bad faith argument (i.e. as if business would be as it was in 2019 if California didn't have reasonable covid restrictions in place. which no one thinking clearly could possibly believe).

I don't even know where to start here, there is so much flawed logic and/or the basis of a clearly bad faith argument (i.e. as if business would be as it was in 2019 if California didn't have reasonable covid restrictions in place. which no one thinking clearly could possibly believe).
Yeah. Disneyland opening may help some but these layoffs were coming no matter what given the circumstances.

Y’all need to understand that while these people were Disney employees on furlough, Disney was extending them benefits. It’s possible Disney asks some back upon restoration of normal park operating levels. Particularly specialty performers who likely DID have a positive ROI like Bob Jackson, if he hasn’t found other work he prefers to do. For now they want them off the books with severance paid by October 3rd.

Y’all need to understand that while these people were Disney employees on furlough, Disney was extending them benefits. It’s possible Disney asks some back upon restoration of normal park operating levels. Particularly specialty performers who likely DID have a positive ROI like Bob Jackson, if he hasn’t found other work he prefers to do. For now they want them off the books with severance paid by October 3rd.
Exactly. Clear the books and start clean for fiscal 2021.

Yeah, then they can lp.allnthat payment into fiscal year 2019 (which was already going to look horrible)

Hope they do being a lot back and hope it is sooner than later - we shall see, winter is coming

I am not saying they would magically be back as if in 2019, that is naive. But if they were allowed to be open, at least some of those people would have a job. At least let Disneyland open up in some capacity.

But yes. Even without restrictions, the virus would have affected the tourist industry and jobs would have been lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter