News Round Up 2020

How could they run at a profit? The basics are the same regardless of whether there's 10 people in the park or 50k. Maybe their water bill is slightly lower but a lot of the rides aren't going to have fewer cms because of cleaning and the need to social distance. The stores might be able to function with a few less per shift but the open qs are quite busy.

Once you enter security you have access to dt disney, dlr and dca, it's one giant bubble. And dtd seems to always be busy because they are always tweeting about parking and access limits due to crowds.

Yes it would and will be nice for this to happen at wdw but it makes sense to have them here. Especially if they want to test them in a place that actually needs them vs ds. With only dtd open there's still concern but no worry that something gets into the parks if it malfunctions or something.

I went for the anniversary once- loved the one time security check! I just think it’s more important to get them installed here where the parks are open. DLR needs them too, for sure; but what’s the hold up at MK and Epcot? Even Busch Gardens has the new scanners. Disney Springs doesn’t have security checks, just temp checks. They just tested the new scanners there for a week before the parks opened.

Yup. Not good. AMC will probably try and hold on a little longer just because they’re in far worse shape and they’d like to make something before they have to shut them back down. But there won’t be any new movies released the rest of the year, this puts the nail in the proverbial coffin.

I know there’s something about monopolization in the theater industry that companies like Disney/Comcast/Amazon/Netflix can’t buy theater chains out, but I’m wondering if that’s lifted. Thats the only way I see the theater industry surviving.

Edit:
https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-studio-buy-theater-chain-paramount-decree/

Last edited:
Really? Wow. Crazy .. our theater (Regal) JUST opened Friday night because our state moved to "Phase 3" which allowed them to finally be open (partially), but Ya, I guess without NEW movies, not many people are going to go.
News

After Bond’s delay, all Cineworld and Regal Theaters are closing until possibly next year.

https://variety.com/2020/film/globa...cinemas-no-time-to-die-james-bond-1234791728/

That’s just great...I’m going to be stuck with a bunch of worthless Regal Movie gift cards!!!

Really? Wow. Crazy .. our theater (Regal) JUST opened Friday night because our state moved to "Phase 3" which allowed them to finally be open (partially), but Ya, I guess without NEW movies, not many people are going to go.
Our movie theatres opened about 6 weeks ago but driving by them you’d never know. Ours has about 10 screens and on a good night there are 15-20 cars in the lot. Between Covid and old movies playing, people just aren’t going.

I just looked at the offerings at my local AMC. I really wish they'd at least show good old movies. The have Tenant, Empire Strikes Back, a couple classic Halloween movies, then a bunch of junk I've never heard of. Put T2 or Jurassic Park in a Dolby theatre and I'd happily go.

I just looked at the offerings at my local AMC. I really wish they'd at least show good old movies. The have Tenant, Empire Strikes Back, a couple classic Halloween movies, then a bunch of junk I've never heard of. Put T2 or Jurassic Park in a Dolby theatre and I'd happily go.
Give me T2 or Jurassic Park in Dolby and 3D and I'll be tempted...

I Thank God nearly every day that I upgraded to an Atmos capable home theater prior to Covid.

Give me T2 or Jurassic Park in Dolby and 3D and I'll be tempted...

I Thank God nearly every day that I upgraded to an Atmos capable home theater prior to Covid.
I have a pretty good home theater setup, but nothing like a Dolby theatre. And I have a 4 yo, so movies like that have to be after she's in bed with low volume :(.

How many speakers do you have for your Atmos setup?

I have a pretty good home theater setup, but nothing like a Dolby theatre. And I have a 4 yo, so movies like that have to be after she's in bed with low volume :(.

How many speakers do you have for your Atmos setup?
I definitely understand, I've just got a fairly base 7.2.1 setup with 2 in-ceilings for the Atmos. I certianly could fathom more immersion from a full 7.4.1/2 but I am very content with experiencing it this way for now (the Atmos demos always put a smile on my face. Especially with lossless 4K UHD content with proper Atmos soundtracks.)

I'm itching to go dual sub as my next upgrade.

edit somewhat on topic: Disney+ Atmos content (even if its DD+ Atmos) is great. Looking forward to Mando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter