News Round Up 2020

Skyplex Orlando News

Seems it is still moving forward despite Covid. The project is now being named Lionsgate World Resort. Construction is scheduled to start early next year for an opening date in 2024, and it’s still located next to the Orlando Eye. The new plans still include building the worlds tallest rollercoaster at either 580 or 649 feet, internal documents list both heights for the Intamin coaster.

http://fondllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/D-LIONSGATE-WORLD-RESORT-ORLANDO.pdf

Last edited:

I could care less about shipping fees. Their nonsense with limited edition items is infuriating.
While I understand your frustration and agree that things need to change, it does not discredit the challenges others have too. I just tried to purchase 2 masks for $11.99 and the shipping fee was an additional $24.50!!! Just saying, ShopDisney has a variety of challenges to it.

So this makes it feel like there will be a new story element to the Safari then. Seems like a lot of time/work/money spent to just "enhance" the background of the ride.

So any rumors on what that story element may be?
No one really knows. We’ve seen this being built since the parks reopened. Seems whatever animal was in this area (I believe it was a deer of some sort) has been moved out for a while now. They’re either going to keep this area animal free so they added some scenery, or they’re moving a new animal into that enclosure.

Cant see them doing too much with story. They eliminated most of the story long ago with the poachers (thankfully). Now if they would stop calling the concrete pillars termite mounds and the concrete tree a baobab, the ride would be perfect!

No one really knows. We’ve seen this being built since the parks reopened. Seems whatever animal was in this area (I believe it was a deer of some sort) has been moved out for a while now. They’re either going to keep this area animal free so they added some scenery, or they’re moving a new animal into that enclosure.

Cant see them doing too much with story. They eliminated most of the story long ago with the poachers (thankfully). Now if they would stop calling the concrete pillars termite mounds and the concrete tree a baobab, the ride would be perfect!
Rumor is some type of goat. It’s unclear though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter