News Round Up 2020

Cant see them doing too much with story. They eliminated most of the story long ago with the poachers (thankfully). Now if they would stop calling the concrete pillars termite mounds and the concrete tree a baobab, the ride would be perfect!
Wait? Those aren't real? :). Next thing you'll tell me is that temple the tigers wander around in India isn't real either!

Why would eliminating the "pretend" immersion aspect of the ride make it perfect? Isn't the immersion factor what makes it a Disney ride as opposed to just a normal zoo attraction?

Wait? Those aren't real? :). Next thing you'll tell me is that temple the tigers wander around in India isn't real either!

Why would eliminating the "pretend" immersion aspect of the ride make it perfect? Isn't the immersion factor what makes it a Disney ride as opposed to just a normal zoo attraction?
Plus I'm now questioning the veracity of my jungle cruise experience...

Permit filed for set piece installation at Star Wars Hotel:

Obviously this project was farther along than we thought considering they are continuing it on with it at full steam (which we knew they hadn't cancelled it yet). Still seems like an odd decision to keep it going since Disney is cutting shows and staff for the "extra" things like Minnie Vans and Photo Passes, yet they plan on building (and staffing) a "super deluxe" resort with a limited audience? The planned profit margins for it must be huge.

I would have thought the precedent for leaving a hotel unfinished (especially a specialty hotel) would be there after leaving Art of Animation partially abandoned for 8-9 years during the 9/11 tourism drop.

I just still can't see the demand for this thing being big considering Disney may be struggling to fill its "normal" hotels for years to come.

Obviously this project was farther along than we thought considering they are continuing it on with it at full steam (which we knew they hadn't cancelled it yet). Still seems like an odd decision to keep it going since Disney is cutting shows and staff for the "extra" things like Minnie Vans and Photo Passes, yet they plan on building (and staffing) a "super deluxe" resort with a limited audience? The planned profit margins for it must be huge.

I would have thought the precedent for leaving a hotel unfinished (especially a specialty hotel) would be there after leaving Art of Animation partially abandoned for 8-9 years during the 9/11 tourism drop.

I just still can't see the demand for this thing being big considering Disney may be struggling to fill its "normal" hotels for years to come.

I think this was a) bretty darn far along and b) will bring in significant positive revenue. With the small size of it you don't need a ton of people to stay there to make money. And as it was going to be in sent periods any way (like a cruise where everyone for that "sailing" shows up on a set day and leaves on a set day) they could just reduce the number of days they are open ... plus would allow for more deep cleaning in between groups

So this feels very different than the classic decades part of POP that never got build (and eventually became AoA) as no way they would have been able to fill all those extra rooms (and Value rooms at that so less $ / additional person)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter